cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime calls package missing for new customers

Derwentmailman
Dialled in

Shortly about to move house and I noticed that upon checking the phone and cable bundles now on offer within a month of moving, I could only see 'free weekend calls' listed in the phone + cable BB package.  I also gather that new customers such as myelf will now receive telephony via VOIP.  When I go to the customise section there is no option (as there was with non-VOIP telephony) to upgrade to an 'anytime' phone option but there was an option for the speed of cable say from M100 to M200.  Am I missing something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the clarity, sorry to see the alteration of the phone package doesn't appear to be available

If you would like to change this, do please call our team on 0345 454 1111 and we'll seek to advise you further on your options, as well as the pricing of the services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @Derwentmailman

Do you currently see any options to upgrade the package your due to have installed in your self-care account currently?

I would suspect these would only be available to you after the services have been installed.

It may well be worth calling our team on 0345 454 1111 to see if we can make any alterations to the package you're due to subscribe to 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

The only options I see my ability to change the fibre BB speed, add on mobile (not interested) , no options for different phone packages - only options!

Virgin_Options.jpg

Phone Options.jpg

After that I go to a choice of installation date.

I should have said that I can alter the phone options not the phone package

Thanks for the clarity, sorry to see the alteration of the phone package doesn't appear to be available

If you would like to change this, do please call our team on 0345 454 1111 and we'll seek to advise you further on your options, as well as the pricing of the services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry to say that the 0345 454 1111 numbers would not get me very far as it needed the phone number of my virgin account!  Just kept going round and round in a loop.  Customisation of the phone package is available for packages inclusive of TV but not it seems without.

Hello @Derwentmailman.

I am sorry for this. Please can you use our texting service? - 0753 305 1809, it is not an instant messaging service but we will ask 'Bot' questions first and then get back to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sorry unable to use texting service I currently have a landline and internet access but no mobile (yes hard to believe in this day and age).

Hello @Derwentmailman.

Okay, I am sorry that this number is not useful for you, you will need to use the contact number already provided previously (0345 454 1111 or 150 on a landline)

We are unable to help with this from this platform.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Doing the maths now makes me realise that the most cost-effective way of have free telephony for free outgoing calls during the day is to add a mobile package (with unlimited calls and texts).  ATM adding such a package also upgrades the M100 to the M200 package (the one I want).  Hopefully this stays until I move (less than 2 weeks all being well).