cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answering machine

jules74
Tuning in

Hi , can anyone help ? My home answering machine although switched on is not taking messages however people have left messages I cannot find ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @jules74

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your landline. 

Few questions - does your handset have its own voicemail service? If so is this switched on? 
Is your landline connected via the hub or traditional wall sockets?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Yes , we do have an answering machine set on our unit and the phone is connected to a wall socket ?

Hi , yes we do have a answering system on our unit which is where we look for messages but there not there ? The unit is plugged into a wall socket .

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that. 

Please could you turn off the voicemail on the handset & see if this resolves the issue? 

Kind regards,

ZakM

I’d rather have my answering machine on as it’s easier to see I’ve got a message so can I turn off my virgin voicemail please ? 

If you wish to turn off your free voicemail, we can certainly do this for you jules74.

I will pop you over a private message, so I can take some details and get this sorted out for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi jules74,

Just a quick message to advise you your free voicemail service will now be removed within the next 24 hours as requested. Apologies for the time this has taken.

If you have any further issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.