cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another no dial tone with a difference.

Emog
Tuning in

Don't  use the landline much but I do check it at least once a week for messages. Went to check it today, totally dead. Just plugged a standard phone into master socket totally dead, no dial tone, no buzzing, no clicks, nothing at all. 

As an ex telecoms engineer ( not BT or Virgin ) I know what I am looking at and my conclusion is that it has been disconnected.

Last Monday we had a complete Virgin outage. We were notified by text this was happening and at around 7.00am everything went off TV, broadband etc , although I admit didn't check landline. Took the dog out at 8.00 an found the area flooded with contractors van's ( counted at least 9 Van's) and guys in Virgin hi-vis with heads in cabinets, even had one in my local distribution box three houses down. By 11.00 broadband and TV back up ( did not check phone ). Later received text say all done in area, on the face of it very effcient. 

Don't know what they were doing but it would appear they managed to cut my line. I can call the number but whilst my mobile says its ringing, nothing happens on land line.

Virgin service status says my line is ok, any ideas other than spending hours trying to get an engineer out or is this part of the plan some service providers have to drop landlines and have IP only phone services.

Emog

Oxfordshire

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Emog

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to our Community forums! It's great to have you here! 

I am so sorry to hear that you facing this issue with your landline, I have taken a look into your account and I think it would be best if we arranged for an engineer to come out to investigate.

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with me via the PM and we do now have an engineer booked! 

Please do let us know how things are looking once the visit has happened! 

Thanks again. 

Ashleigh

Many thanks for arranging the engineer, said Tuesday morning, he arrived at 8.20 and finished within 30 mins. Fault was down to engineer who disconnected something during the upgrade.

Engineer Scott could not have been nicer and more efficient  and also checked all circuits to make sure all was as should be. 

Again many thanks for the prompt service

Steve (Emog)

Thanks for coming back to us @Emog, and we're pleased to hear of the good work from our engineer!

Big thanks also to @Ashleigh_C for getting this booked in for you!

All the best

David_Bn