cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American relatives cannot dial our Virgin UK landline

Tom652
Just browsing

My American relatives try dialing our Virgin home number but it says it's not a valid number, we have double checked they are dialing everything correctly.  We have no other issues with people in the UK calling our landline, has anyone else come across this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tom652,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your relatives being unable to contact you via landline.

Are you able to check if any other landlines from outside of the UK can contact you on your landline okay? Or if it's just that one phone that is having issues?

Please keep us updated and let us know. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina

Thanks for your speedy reply.  I'll see if I can get someone else to try, I just didn't know if there was a known reason why you wouldn't be able to call a UK Virgin landline from abroad, but I guess there isn't and it should work?

I've never had a non BT landline before, so I'm not sure how it works and if there are any differences in what you can or cannot do.

Let me see what I can find out

Thanks, Tom

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tom652,

Thank you for coming back to us about your issue. Please keep us updated on how your family or friends are getting on when calling from a different landline from outside of the UK. This way we'll be able to check if this is an ongoing issue with our connection, or with your relatives connection.

There are no listed outages at the moment, but I can see that your Hub has been online for 103 days. We would advise to reboot your Hub as your landline is connected directly to the Hub and this could be impacting your service. Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs