cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3 I received today.

preep
On our wavelength

I need an adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3 I received today. Phone was connected to wall socket however I was forced to have a new hub which I didn't want because they said no longer support this type of phone connection in my area and must have phone plugged in to the router. There wasn't one supplied in the box. Is there a quick way to request an adapter from Virgin without phoning customer services? TIA

83 REPLIES 83

Thanks for those details darrenuk10023
I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

Thank you, will this visit enable & bring the adaptor for phone plugging into the SH 3.0 ?

Will report back here after he as been .

Regards,

Darren

It is down to the Engineer on the day Darren, If its not possible time commitments etc 

Then it can be booked in for a later time

But 9 times out of 10 to stop repeat faults its easier to upgrade there and then 

Gareth_L

Thank you Gareth_L, Got the text message on mobile due on '2nd may, tomorrow in the morning.

Thanks for letting us know @darrenuk10023 and please let us know, if you have any issues tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Steven_L

All done, just left, Engineer Switched land line phone over to Super Hub 3.0 connection, All great

He look at the old phone wall socket & said might as well switch you over now as got to be done this year anyhow & save another call out 🙂

Thanks for letting us know, how the visit went @darrenuk10023, I'm glad that the technician has been able to resolve your issues and complete the telephone switchover. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

JohnCusick
On our wavelength

I have had the texts from VM about the landline etc. I dont need an engineer around I can do it myself. But i think I have the older supehub which i used in modem mode alongside an Asus router. The superhub and router is in a bedroom upstairs and the phone is downstairs by our front door. So I know i will need to run a cable to upstairs now, I see the cables are available on amazon for £7 or adapters for about £3 or i know VM should be able to supply it. Whats the easiest way of getting virgin media to send me the new hub and cable/adapter as customer service always seem set on sending out an engineer when i feel i dnt need one. thanks

Hi JohnCusick thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I would love to help you get your updated hub sent to you.  To help me do this I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

JohnCusick
On our wavelength

"I am sorry, the characters you've provided do not match what we have on our system. Bearing in mind, your password for contacting Virgin Media may not be one and the same as the one you use to access your online account, do you wish to have another attempt or would you prefer additional security questions?
Regards"

one of the many annoying things dealing with comms companies, provide all the other security answers but get held back all because of the stupid memorable password **bleep** when i have already used my main password to login and provided my acc number, house address and name