cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3 I received today.

preep
On our wavelength

I need an adapter to connect landline phone to new hub 3 I received today. Phone was connected to wall socket however I was forced to have a new hub which I didn't want because they said no longer support this type of phone connection in my area and must have phone plugged in to the router. There wasn't one supplied in the box. Is there a quick way to request an adapter from Virgin without phoning customer services? TIA

83 REPLIES 83

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The RJ11 to RJ11 lead might work but depends on exactly what kind of lead it is and how it is wired from end to end and pin to pin.

To log into your hub, in your web browser address bar enter

the settings page will then load.

Find the password information for your hub which will either be on a pull-out card or a sticker on the bottom of the hub.

When prompted, enter the 'settings password' shown on the bottom of the Hub 3/card (NOT the wifi password). This should allow you to see if telephony is enabled on the hub or not.

From the 'Welcome' page (example shown below)

https://setuprouter.com/router/virgin-media/virgin-media-hub-3/setup-75194-large.htm

does the 'Telephony' entry show ready (as per above picture) or disabled.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KGG1 - sorry about the problems you've had getting your phone to work. 

I've taken a look from here and the hub seems to be provisioned correctly for your phone line to work - however I can see there are problems with the hubs signal levels that could be related, and will require the attention of an engineer to resolve - so I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  

You will find the appointment time slot via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and it can be rescheduled or cancelled from there if needed.

Please keep us posted with how that goes, or if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Tom 

Tom

thank you for looking into and arranging engineer visit!

Thank you again for the good advice: telephony shows ready , but phone still not working .

Fortunately Tom below from VM took notice and arranging engineer visit!

VM engineer came today, great service and sorted the issue;

apparently an Rj11 to BT adaptor (to connect router to telephone) was the missing link...

Thank you all in this forum for the support

Hi there

I got this same problem. I try to raise a problem but nobody was willing to help me with this so I don't have a phone since I move home in July. My wall socket not working and box I got to self install didn't had phone adapter 

Wonder if you can help me with this as well 

Kind regards 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @tomekkuz85 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I can most certainly take a look into this for you. I will need to drop you a PM so that we are able to pass DPA. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing me with that information over PM @tomekkuz85 

I have just heard back from the AFM, we are going to get an engineer to drop one off to you, either this afternoon or sometime tomorrow, don't worry if you are not in they will just pop it though the letterbox. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

That’s great news ...... will let you know when it arrived .... 

Thanks for your help it was much easier and much more pleasant then deal about thin on the live chat

Thanks again !!!!! 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I finish at 4 today for the weekend, so ill pop back Monday and make sure that you have received this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M