cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATS Path Fault

Mightymj1
On our wavelength

I had a problem a few months ago where an error message of ‘ATS Path Fault No ATS Available’ appeared on the console of my house alarm.

My alarm provider explained this was an issue connected to the telephone network, and that the fault will be with Virgin.

From nowhere the message corrected itself about three weeks ago.  Sadly, the message reappeared a couple of days ago.

My house alarm isn’t connected through Wi-fi, it’s wired.

Does anybody please have any thoughts? 😀

12 REPLIES 12

If your landline is working at the phone its showing its working to the Virgin Media master socket.  The next step would be to check for dial tone at the incoming port of the alarm but this would probably be a job for the alarm engineer.

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Mightymj1 wrote:

The alarm company didn’t say specifically, they just said that from their experience it was a telephone signal issue.

The technician who visited spotted a problem with the Broadband and did some corrective work (apparently it was dropping in signal strength) - he added a socket to resolve it.  The fault on the alarm never cleared after the visit of the technician.  The fault cleared, without any prompting, some weeks ago.  And then from nowhere the fault returned last week.

To clarify and confirm, does VM provide your landline service via traditional telephone sockets on the wall or are you using the newer 21CV telephone connection where the telephone connects via the 'TEL1' socket on the back of the VM hub?

(Have just assumed so far you have a regular landline socket but worth confirming so)

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Richw1982 wrote:

If your landline is working at the phone its showing its working to the Virgin Media master socket.  The next step would be to check for dial tone at the incoming port of the alarm but this would probably be a job for the alarm engineer.

Agree with @Richw1982, your next step is to check there is a reliable phone connection from the alarm panel to the phone line, which is a job for the alarm company (assuming your connection to the VM landline is via a conventional telephone socket).