cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATS Path Fault

Mightymj1
On our wavelength

I had a problem a few months ago where an error message of ‘ATS Path Fault No ATS Available’ appeared on the console of my house alarm.

My alarm provider explained this was an issue connected to the telephone network, and that the fault will be with Virgin.

From nowhere the message corrected itself about three weeks ago.  Sadly, the message reappeared a couple of days ago.

My house alarm isn’t connected through Wi-fi, it’s wired.

Does anybody please have any thoughts? 😀

12 REPLIES 12

Richw1982
Rising star

How is it connected?  Is it via internet or telephone line?  If its telephone line have you got a dial tone?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Mightymj1 wrote:

I had a problem a few months ago where an error message of ‘ATS Path Fault No ATS Available’ appeared on the console of my house alarm.

<snip>

Does anybody please have any thoughts? 😀

The fault code you mention seems to be fairly generic to advise the alarm has no outside communication connection.

In your last post from April, VM arranged a technician to visit. What was the outcome of that?

You haven't really described much of how the alarm is plugged into the landline and what you have done yourself to test/diagnose the fault.

How does the alarm panel connect to the landline? (Plugs into the master phone socket?, via an extension cable?, via its own telephone extension socket?)

If the alarm is on an extension socket or lead, have you tried plugging a telephone handset into that socket to check the extension which the alarm is using? Can you dial in/out on from that extension socket OK using a phone? Is the quality of the line OK from that extension socket (clear and no distortion/crackling etc.)?

Have you tested whether the alarm is (or is not) actually dialling out when triggered? i.e. activating the alarm and see if it dials out

Who is the alarm dialling out to? Yourself or a monitoring service?

If you are not experiencing any noticeable problems with the landline itself for making/receiving phone calls then the first place I would start looking is at the phone wiring to the alarm panel and go from there. After that would be the alarm panel itself to confirm that the fault message is reliable/reporting correctly.

It’s connected by the telephone line and I’ve still got a connection to the telephone.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Mightymj1 wrote:

It’s connected by the telephone line and I’ve still got a connection to the telephone.

Without any further elaboration, I think contributors on here will struggle to be of any help to you.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mightymj1

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that the ATS Path Fault has returned on your alarm system.

I have located your account and ran tests on your landline, there are currently no faults affecting your landline.

Can you please check all the wired connections between your telephone and the alarm system are securely connected?

Thanks,

Serena

Mightymj1
On our wavelength

Apologies.

I’m short of things to say in terms of detail as the long and short of it is that I’ve got an error message on my alarm console. There are no visible wires etc as they go through the walls.  I’m only raising it here as my alarm company told me it was a telephone issue.  I’m a bit lost tbh.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Mightymj1 wrote:

Apologies.

I’m short of things to say in terms of detail as the long and short of it is that I’ve got an error message on my alarm console. There are no visible wires etc as they go through the walls.  I’m only raising it here as my alarm company told me it was a telephone issue.  I’m a bit lost tbh.

OK, well in your last enquiry about this issue in April, it looked as if VM were going to send a technician.

Did VM actually send a technician in April and what was the outcome of that visit? Did the technician do anything to your landline or find any problems that needed fixing?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply @Mightymj1

Sorry to hear that you feel a bit lost, that's not how we want you to feel. When you spoke with the alarm complany, did they go into any further detail about what telephone fault would cause this? There are no faults currently showing for your landline on your account.

What happened when our engineer visited in April - did they fix anything related to your landline?

Best wishes,

Serena

The alarm company didn’t say specifically, they just said that from their experience it was a telephone signal issue.

The technician who visited spotted a problem with the Broadband and did some corrective work (apparently it was dropping in signal strength) - he added a socket to resolve it.  The fault on the alarm never cleared after the visit of the technician.  The fault cleared, without any prompting, some weeks ago.  And then from nowhere the fault returned last week.