Menu
Jackie771
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4G sim card phone signal drops out

With great reluctance I inserted a new 4 g sim card Virgin insist I know use. My reliable Samsung Galaxy 4 mini now loses phone signal and does not refresh unless I re insert sim, sometimes more than once. Virgin sent me a new sim as a possible solution also suggested changing settings to WCDMA only. Neither worked.The main prob is for no reason my phone connection will go and obviously I am unaware of this until I try to make a call then I will get message not registered on network.Anyone any suggestions I have an elderly parent and not being able to rely on phone is not an option. As an aside why are Virgin making people switch sims when they have had no probs.

Any help greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G sim card phone signal drops out

Hello Jackie771

Thank you for contacting us, can you confirm which operating system version your phone is currently operating on?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Jackie771
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hope this is correct answer Android 

Thanks Jackie

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming Jackie. 

In relation to your mobile signal/network, how long has this been the case for? I am unsure as to why you have been advised of WCDMA only. Have you ever had a working constant connection previously and if so, has there been any change from the device that could be stopping this? 

Also, instead of turning your handset off constantly to re-gain the connection, you would just be able to put your phone into flight mode and then turn flight mode off straight away, this would do the same thing as turning your phone off would. 

I can appreciate that this is frustrating but I will do my best to help here Jackie. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Jackie771
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am afraid after another lengthy phone call to virgin I have given up and switched networks.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos