Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CV landline

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to change my landline to 21CV

23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for getting back to us mbks

Please do get back to us with how things go.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, the help page mentioned is wrong. 

It says the following: 

What if I don’t have a free socket in my Hub?

The only cable that should be connected to the RJ45 sockets is your adaptor, and then the phone line plugged into the adaptor. RJ45 sockets are smaller than an Ethernet cable sockets, and will only work for our phone service. The adaptor needs to be plugged into the first RJ45 socket, shown in the picture below.

The socket on the modem into which the phone adaptor is plugged is an RJ11 socket which has 6 pins and are smaller than the standard "Ethernet" sockets which are are RJ45 an have 8 pins. The standard BT Phone socket shown on the adaptor is a BT631a socket and has 6 pins.

This is already confusing enough, and mixing up RJ11 and RJ45 sockets in this section makes it worse. Can you correct it by substituting RJ11 for RJ45?

Hi @OldCodgerToo 👋,

Thanks for feeding this back to us. 

I will pass this on to the relevant team for review and if it does need correcting they will look into that.

Many thanks!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @OldCodgerToo 👋,

Thanks for feeding this back to us. 

I will pass this on to the relevant team for review and if it does need correcting they will look into that.

Many thanks!

Oh there’s no question that it does need correcting since as it stands it’s a load of confusing gibberish. But that’s what happens when marketing or creative staff crash in without having it checked by the technical people who actually know what they are talking about - does that say something about VM’s priorities?