Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CV landline

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to change my landline to 21CV

23 REPLIES 23

Hi mbks1981, 

There is no timeline I'm afraid. Once you're area is being done, you'll be notified. We won't have any further information on that. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi if an engineer comes out and sorts this issue will they keep the other socket live 

Hi mbks1981, 

We don't disconnect the sockets so if it is already working then it should continue to work once the engineer has moved all your equipment to the other room. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry but did you say you won’t disconnect sockets so why did the engineer do it previously????

Hi mbks1981, 

Current process is that the engineers don't disconnect the sockets. It may be that when you previously had the engineer the process was different. When did you have the engineer out to move the telephone line?

Just to confirm as well, are you sure the socket it a VM one or could it be related to a previous provider? 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn’t that long ago can’t say for defo when but within last 2yrs and yes it the one we had the other landline in before and had one upstairs which is the one I said to him I wasn’t bothered about it was only the main one and the new one to be working and the only one working is the new one now 

Hi mbks1981, 

Processes can change on a weekly basis currently and have certainly changed within the last 2 years especially with the pandemic. We prefer engineer's not to remain in the house for longer than necessary now so it could well be why we no longer disconnect sockets. 

Either way, if you want the equipment moved, we will need to book the engineer for you. Let us know if you want to do this and we can book the appointment for you. 

Thanks again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if the process hasnt changed in 2 years then why would I have to pay 25 when I paid 99 prior to have it done and the first socket is disconnected so I’d be happy to move it back with out a cost as shouldn’t of being disconnected by what you have said 

Sorry mbks1981, 

I think you have misread my post.

Processes have definitely changed over the space of the last 2 years so where as now we don't disconnect the sockets, they may have been disconnecting them previously. 

If you want the phoneline moved to the other socket, the £25 charge stands. There is nothing we can do to remove this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

I shall see what happens when we move rooms and if I can work around it if not I will then be back In touch i must say VM has gone down hill customer services wise since my day working at matrix court