cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 landlines after switchover

Furneaux99
Tuning in

I have two landlines that are both near the v6 hub, after switchover can I use the 2 grey RJ11 ports?

Or do I need to use some other configuration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Furneaux99 wrote:

What engineer visit? I do t have one booked and it is my understanding that you will simply send an adapter for me to use in the rj11 port of the hub. 
have you scheduled an engineer for me?

Why not just answer the question?

Can I plug two telephones into the hub when you force migrate me to telephone through the hub?

VM should provide you with an adapter like this

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/help/Switchover/hub3_rj11_adaptor-...

which converts the TEL1 RJ11 socket on the hub to a BT socket.

If you want two phones next to each other right besides the hub you would need to plug in a splitter to the VM adapter, then plug in your phones.

If one of the two phones is not right next to the hub, then the VM technician will wire in your extension sockets to the hub.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Furneaux99,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please provide some further clarity on your post so we can help? 🙂

Do you mean that you have two different phone lines with different landline numbers?

If that is the case, you should get a back up for the secondary line, as the Hub only supports one registered number.

If you're referring to an extension on your line, we can fit this for you.

More details on the homephone switchover can be found here

Thanks

Beth

Apols, I should have been clearer. I just mean that I currently have one phone line with two telephones plugged into the master socket by means of a splitter. 
So will this be okay with the new phone system?

Hi Furneaux99,

No problem! Thanks for clarifying.

That's no problem at all. If you just mention this to the engineer during your appointment for the migration, they will be able to install the extension on the new phone service for you.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Beth

What engineer visit? I do t have one booked and it is my understanding that you will simply send an adapter for me to use in the rj11 port of the hub. 

Can I plug two telephones into the hub when you force migrate me to telephone through the hub?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Furneaux99,

Thank you for coming back to us. We're still in the process to have our customer's landlines switched over. You will be contacted by our team and a technician appointment will be arranged for you to have this Home Phone Switchover carried out. If you've not been contacted about an appointment, there's no need to worry. You will be contacted when your area is being switched over to this new system. 

This switchover will need to be completed with a technician appointment to ensure that your new landline service will be working correctly. The engineer will be able to answer any further technical questions. Until the appointment, there's no need to change anything about your set up.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Furneaux99 wrote:

VM should provide you with an adapter like this

https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/images/help/Switchover/hub3_rj11_adaptor-...

which converts the TEL1 RJ11 socket on the hub to a BT socket.

If you want two phones next to each other right besides the hub you would need to plug in a splitter to the VM adapter, then plug in your phones.

If one of the two phones is not right next to the hub, then the VM technician will wire in your extension sockets to the hub.

Thanks a lot, so much clearer than the email I received today with the announcement.

If you need any further support, please do let us know @Furneaux99

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs