cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1471 not working

Nitehawk70
Tuning in

Twice recently we've had no dial tone and have had to have someone out to fix something in the local cabinet. Since the second visit we've discovered that 1471 no longer works. How do we sort this? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Nitehawk70

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with the 1471 feature. Sometimes this feature can drop off the line after a fault repair as our user @goslow explained.

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that this was indeed the case. We have now activated the feature from this end for you; can you give it a test when you can and let us know how you get on?

Cheres

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Services, such as 1471 and caller ID, dropping off the line after a fault repair are regularly mentioned on the forum. The VM forum team are usually able to reset them remotely.

If you can wait for their reply, they normally respond on here in a day or two (probably Monday onwards now).

Thank you goslow; I'll wait and see. We don't use the landline much these days but when someone calls and you don't get there in time it's frustrating not knowing who it was 😁

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Nitehawk70

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issues with the 1471 feature. Sometimes this feature can drop off the line after a fault repair as our user @goslow explained.

I have located your account from your forum information and can see that this was indeed the case. We have now activated the feature from this end for you; can you give it a test when you can and let us know how you get on?

Cheres

Katie - Forum Team

Thank you. All sorted and working again.