cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1471 not working

Brian1111
Joining in

Hi there, 

The 1471 service no longer works on my home phone. I don't know how long it's been but I get the message "Sorry, the service requested is not available from this line." 

I've called 150 several times and each time they say they're running tests and ask lots of questions and then say they're transferring me to the technical support team. I'm usually hanging on for 20 to 30 minutes and then the line goes dead !! 

I've seen several posts on this forum with the same problem and they've been resolved, so here's hoping you can help me please.

Regards, Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @Brian1111

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was very sorry to understand that you're having an issue with the 1471 service. I have located your account and had a quick check of  the telephone exchange and could see it was missing. 

As such, we have added that on for you today and all should be working again for you at home. Please do check when you can and let me know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @Brian1111

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was very sorry to understand that you're having an issue with the 1471 service. I have located your account and had a quick check of  the telephone exchange and could see it was missing. 

As such, we have added that on for you today and all should be working again for you at home. Please do check when you can and let me know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hello Katie, 

Sorry I didn't check before today....it is working !! 

Thank you so much.

Regards, Brian

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, Brian1111.

Glad to hear its working 🙂
Zoie

mikewot
On our wavelength

I have exactly the same problem.  Phone was set to tone and it used to work but not recently.  Finding it impossible to contact anyone at Virgin, landline effectively says the wait time is too long, must use your mobile for SMS.  The SMS selections cover faults but not reenabling 1471.  Please help 🙂

Hi mikewot

Thanks for posting

Apologies for the 1471 issue. I'll PM you now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

mikewot
On our wavelength

Thanks John, you guys were on the ball and it's all sorted now 🙂

Thanks for joining me on PM @mikewot

Just to update the thread, the 1471 issue was fixed by my colleague sorting it on the switch.

Thanks for your time and have a good weekend

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill