cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1471 and caller id not working

Mickbam
Joining in

After a technician visited to restore our landline we now find 1471 and caller ID not working

Can this be restored please

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, 

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with 1471 and caller ID not working. I will send you a private message to confirm your details.

Also we do have an online troubleshooter that might be able to help: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-features-not-working

Cheers,

Corey C

I have the same issue.  To address a long-running fault, your engineer transferred my home phone line to a new card within the on-street cabinet on 23 January 2021.  Since then the service has been working tolerably well, but there was a simultaneous loss of the 1471 feature which I have "put up with" for fear of finding myself back at square one.  Can the feature be restored, please, WITHOUT destabilizing the security of the connection?   

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ant2

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, could you please expand on this? Was the 1471 feature causing an issue with the line? 

We'll be happy to get this reinstated for you on the line but it's best we know any potential issues it may cause before doing so. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks Sofia.  All I can tell you is that the 1471 feature was lost when the repair was made in January.  It was never SUGGESTED  to me that 1471 was the actual cause of the problem, or that I would have to do without the feature from now on.      

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Ant2,

Thanks for coming back to us - I'll be able to get in touch with our Telephony team for you to hopefully get this sorted.

I'll just send you a private message to confirm some account details, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Ant2

Thanks for joining me on PM

Just to update the thread, 1471 and Caller ID are now working 🙂

Have a lovely weekend and if you need further assistance, please pop us a public post and we'll be more than happy to assist

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill