cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Sales - doing my head in

Stuzzer2015
On our wavelength

I've been a Virgin customer since 2016

Live on my own, have 1 tv, basic PC and mobile.

I agreed a discounted package in Sept 2020 for 200mb broadband, TV package with Sky Sports/HD and some sort of landline phone deal that I didn't want as i've never plugged a phone in the socket since i've lived here. Currently paying £79 a month.

Over the last week I've had daily calls from "Virgin Sales" on the 0800 052 1251 number from an indian call centre.

Every time I answer they try and sell me another package, with a price increase up to £96 a month, threatening that if I stay on my current package it'll go up to £120 a month when my contract runs out in March 2022.

Despite me saying numerous times that I'm happy with what I have and what I pay they just repeat themselves over and over, pay £96 a month and we'll give you 350mb broadband and big discount blah blah.

I'm not even a year into my current 18 month contract AND I was actually tempted to switch to Virgin Mobile from 02 as my phone deal runs out around the same time, but the sales calls and tactics has just made me want to run this contract out and go elsewhere.

Anyone else experienced this? I've now blocked the number so I don't have to put up with the calls.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stuzzer2015

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the calls.

Please head here and sign in to your online account. 

Then go to the 'my preferences' tab and you can amend your marketing preferences.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stuzzer2015

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the calls.

Please head here and sign in to your online account. 

Then go to the 'my preferences' tab and you can amend your marketing preferences.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill