Menu
steadyeddy78
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0345 numbers not reconnised

Recently joined Virgin. Added the Any Time phone package. Tried dialling a 0345 number today, no success, it’s as though the number is not recognised. Tried several other companies with 0345 numbers, all the same with no success.

All other numbers are fine to dial. Have tried to contact customer services twice this afternoon for an answer? No success there either. 

Anybody else have any issues of not able to dial 0345 numbers?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0345 numbers not reconnised

You should try operator assistance on 100. They can test the number for you. Operator assistance is operated by BT on Virgin phone

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello steadyeddy78

Thanks for posting your query and welcome to the forums.

Have you been able to follow nick_london's advice? If so what was the outcome?

Rob

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I think the replies so far overlook the OPs original post and description of the fault. All 0345 numbers respond as unavailable. That sounds like a fault at VM's end because the call barring options available to users would bar all national rate call numbers not just those complained of by the OP. And he says all other numbers respond OK.

Perhaps I am just old-fashioned but I do think this is one for the Forum Team to look further into?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
steadyeddy78
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just an update, firstly thank you for your responses and advise.

Did try dialling 100 number, no luck there in trying to speak to an operator .

Did find today we couldn’t dial any national numbers also, local and mobile numbers were fine.

Tried Virgin customer services again this afternoon. Managed to speak to a technical advisor.

It appears we had call barring on our line, no idea how or why, as I say we are a new Virgin customer , didn’t ask for call barring when we applied.

Now all seems well, with calling 0345 and national numbers, quite simple in the end.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am so pleased you got it sorted.

Dial 100 - I think misconceived. VM phone service doesn't have an operator service except for overseas calls AFAIK. Dial 150 for domestic faults.

Call barring - you might be new to VM but the phone numbers are all recycled. Bet the previous user had set barring which hadn't been removed. And I did mention it as a possibility but you said you could dial all other numbers so the evidence, on the face of it, was pointing elsewhere.

Once again well done.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi steadyeddy78,

Thank you for keeping us posted and for letting us know that you're back up and running as expected. I'm glad it was a simple fix, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

@HowardML, I have a sneaky suspicion that you might be right there. It's certainly something to bear in mind if we come across this again in the future.

Please let me know if you have any further concerns or queries.

Thanks,

Rachael

nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:

I am so pleased you got it sorted.

Dial 100 - I think misconceived. VM phone service doesn't have an operator service except for overseas calls AFAIK. Dial 150 for domestic faults.

Call barring - you might be new to VM but the phone numbers are all recycled. Bet the previous user had set barring which hadn't been removed. And I did mention it as a possibility but you said you could dial all other numbers so the evidence, on the face of it, was pointing elsewhere.

Once again well done.

Actually it does have 100 operator assistance it’s now provided by BT previously Cable and Wireless. I tried it recently.

Virgin Mobile is the only one that has international operator on 155

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@nick_london 

I am taking further advice on whether VM does have operator services of its own. I will be perfectly happy to stand corrected when I get that advice. So I am not avoiding replying on this issue - just delaying.

To be fair because the OP said that no 0345 numbers were working it wouldn't have made much difference if the number was tested. They couldn't all have been wrong. The issue lay somewhere else as we have since discovered.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML wrote:

@nick_london 

I am taking further advice on whether VM does have operator services of its own. I will be perfectly happy to stand corrected when I get that advice. So I am not avoiding replying on this issue - just delaying.

To be fair because the OP said that no 0345 numbers were working it wouldn't have made much difference if the number was tested. They couldn't all have been wrong. The issue lay somewhere else as we have since discovered.

I have just dialled 100 on Virgin Media’s voip Phone service and it connected me to operator service who confirmed that it is operated by BT.

118180 is also operated by BT they are no longer run in house.

Previously all operator assistance services via 100 and 155 where provided by Cable and Wireless (now Vodafone) 

I guess 999 is also operated by BT now as well 

Operated assistance call charges apply for any onward connected calls.

0 Kudos