cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power levels high

MattjVideos
Dialled in

hello again need a engineer out to fix my power levels the are giving me a we bit of jip ye wired only all games and streaming as well done all troubleshot steps so ye going to need engineer to put me lower at the cabinet and 3.1 channel needs to be fixed i know i need to wait a couple of days and all coax all looking good 

thats a quick run down so i can just get a engineer out soon as thank u 

25 REPLIES 25

Your original levels were OK apart from the 3.1 channel.  No post RS errors. 

What is the actual problem and what ethernet speeds do you get? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi there @MattjVideos

I am so sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues after having the engineer out. 

Can I ask you to clarify what issues you are facing exactly?

Thanks again.

They found out there is a crack in the fibre and the line needs changed so i have to wait until 14th for that to get changed but ill wait and see 

can someone change my enginger visit to a diffrent day because im busy on the 14th

@MattjVideos wrote:
can someone change my enginger visit to a diffrent day because im busy on the 14th

you should be able to do that via your account

a crack in the fibre????? are you on FTTP if so i cannot comment as i have no idea - if you are on coax from the cab then i think someone is making things up 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

cant becuase the first engineer booked it in and im on fttp and then coax 1m

Dont remove the attenuator, if its a 3db wideband then removing it will increase your upstream levels from 33 to around 30db.  If your in a fibre area then Downstream levels should be between -6 and +10 with an upstream between 27-45

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

read the post bit slow

Hi @MattjVideos thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you're needing to amend your appointment.  I would like to help you with this.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

had the engineer out today at 12 45 and they had a we chat with me then just went to there vans at 12 50 and went away so then at 4 got a message saying my cable repull has been moved to the 13.1.2022 so now i have to wait even longer for a fibre line to get changed