Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ping and latency issues in Aspull

i have been suffering high pings when trying to play online in games

we have done all the things suggest on the forum to try and fix it. we have upgraded to the 200mb line and also invested in a good router and put the virgin hub in modem mode to try and help. it has not helped with the pings and latency.

here is my bqm

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/91105a98098eb9cb67db950c5a8f4685ca25d49f-07-05-2020]My Broadband Ping[/url]

if this continues we will have to look else were as the service is horrid

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: ping and latency issues in Aspull

Considering ur 0.2mile away urs looks incredible to many of ours. Im suprised u notice lag at all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I never have ping lower than 150 at moment going up to 300. My son's the same. Also there's struggling to even stream on one device at moment too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Today has been awful for pings been spiking up to 500. Also download speed way below 100 at most points. 

I've had no response from any one on here and has also made streaming impossible

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That dosent make a difference when some thing is wrong. Another bad day if over 150ms pings playing over watch and trying to play valorant, gave couldnt more hitting spikes of 300/400

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm from aspull too and had issues for 5 months. Had a new line installed yesterday which made no difference. 

I signed up for bt last night and virgin called me not long ago offering me a better deal, which i haven't taken yet, but they said the issues will be resolved by the end of month.

So it is either move to bt on the 27th of may and have a 2 week cooling period or stay with virgin if they have actually fixed it by the end of the month and be stuck with them for another 12 months

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Any updates on the fix in aspull. I've had a engineer round and he replaced cable from street to my house but the latency is just getting worse every week 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/343ad29b92604a4e8ce0df36dbddbb21c4e84f99-27-05-2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi space87,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the service.

I've had a look at the account and can see that you are currently affected by a congestion issue. The estimated fix time for this is 29th May. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues after this date, and we'll look into it.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is there any updates on the fix as it seems to be getting worse 

0 Kudos