Menu
zooneylfc
Tuning in
Message 241 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

bqm.PNG

tracert google.PNG

Following on from my comment yesterday, consistent 3-5% packet loss with the occasional spike. Enough latency issues to interfere with online gaming on PC and Xbox using a wired connection.

Gloucestershire GL3 area - had a very similar issue which took weeks to resolve itself a few months ago after many similar complaints on here.

My Superhub 3 is in modem mode, connected to a Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800.

0 Kudos
zooneylfc
Tuning in
Message 242 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

Update - packet loss still an issue for me, varying from 3-10% according to my ping tests and the BQM. Gaming is sub-optimal currently, even on a wired connection. No speed issues.

As the issue doesn't appear to be going away, I'm including another BQM graph and a dump of my Superhub status. The Superhub figures are within 10-15 mins of a full restart.

Channel 4 and 11 stand out from the downstream - a lot of post RS errors and lower than expected SNR. Could this be what's causing the packet loss?

Worth noting that before my latest reboot, the RS errors were rather high after 24 hours of uptime. We're talking ~1000000000 on most channels for pre-RS and 4000-15000 post-RS (apart from 4 and 12 which were ~1000000000)

BQM Graph: bqm.PNG

Hub Status:Hub1.jpg

Downstream:Hub2.jpg

Upstream:Hub3.jpg

Configuration:Hub4.jpg

Network Log:Hub5.jpg

0 Kudos