Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 103 of 242
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/440c6444565c54724eb7040a09946d5717c19bdb

This is mine  

0 Kudos
Catchers
On our wavelength
Message 104 of 242
Flag for a moderator

It’s been an absolute bloody joke tonight. I’m calling VM tomorrow and will likely move to cancel unless they formally acknowledge the problem and steps they are taking to resolve it. 

Im out of contract so will cancel my direct debit if they continue to stick their head in the sand. This is a serious issue affecting a substantial number of customers in a specific area. Anyone just streaming TV will probably not notice, anyone who games online must be going spare. 

Azrilkai
Joining in
Message 105 of 242
Flag for a moderator

If you have your super hub 2ac laying around still you can avoid the packet loss by going back to that, but it doesn't fix the spikes of latency. You can see the result difference in my Area 15 issue / info thread. This has been going on since december 14 and all i get as a response on the phone is your speeds are fine on speedtest.net

0 Kudos
Phyllis53453
On our wavelength
Message 106 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Same, since mid December I have been experiencing packet loss issues. Virgin Media support told me that I needed to upgrade.

I've seen so many recent complaints about packet loss, and still yet to hear any acknowledgements from VM.

virg.JPG

In all my years on this fibre connection, I've never experienced service/ customer service like this. Completely unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Nickamus
Joining in
Message 107 of 242
Flag for a moderator

This is my first message on this forum and thought I should chime in with my experience so far. As this has happened to me a long time ago (I am a customer for almost 2 years now) - I would estimate the start of 2018. At first it would be a monthly thing and decided to let it go - no major issue only night a month. Since October 2018, that's when it got worse - I think it was this month. I have only started up the BQM (mentioned here) an hour ago, so not much to see yet. So the following issues I have noticed so far:

1. Gaming - the packet losses was visible for me as they will either disconnect me from the game (since start of 2018) or rubber-band like mad (only recently today)
  2. Video Streaming - Netflix was harder to see, however, as my download speed would dip as well along with the losses (currently I should be at 200 Mbps and only getting 5 to 10 Mbps at the moment. I also extended the connection to another router in my room so it should actually cap at 100 Mbps). CrunchyRoll was a major issue during these periods. Shows would constantly lose connection or endlessly try to reconnecting (force closing the app).
  3. Voice Chat - as I use Discord on PC, I am constantly connecting and disconnecting (the connection bar keeps alternating from green, amber, then red). For PS chat on PS4 I always get told my voice has dropped in quality or I flat-out get disconnected from it. 
  4. Downloads - Downloading some games (via Origin, Steam, uPlay, etc...) I see my download speed go to the usual 100 Mbps. However, when this fun period of packet losses occur, the speed drops down to 5 to 10Mbps. 

When I was up in Scotland at my parent's for Christmas and New Years (Sky Broadband or Fibre, I can't remember which), this was the difference I noticed in two weeks: Not a single issue with gaming, video streaming, voice chat (i.e. Discord), or downloads (Steam only). 

I want to say my issue is the same as everyone else here - as Islington area seems to be one of the victims (mine is EC1V - also the area 15), if I am reading the thread correctly.

0 Kudos
theshadowhost
Joining in
Message 108 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I've been having similar problems with packet loss. Started around 20th december.

My Broadband Ping - Home Virgin Media

I've tried contacting virgin twice online and also ringing them up. they keep saying there isn't a problem. There clearly is - even in the homehub logs it looks like there are errors - apparantly this is fine? I've registered a formal complaint and I'm looking into changing provider at this point.

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 109 of 242
Flag for a moderator

good morning people another day, and still packet loss, here's my morning grapwww.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/74cbbe9f655ef0079de4d0a1589569bb71f5229b-0...

BQM morning 06-01-19.png 

0 Kudos
stucla
Tuning in
Message 110 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Here's mine - if you just look at the packet loss you would think it was the same graph.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Vivid 100

0 Kudos