Menu
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

so its still not showing as a fault in the area lol, right time to take the tree down

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 82 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, lets hope that they do something asap 

0 Kudos
Infernouk
Tuning in
Message 83 of 242
Flag for a moderator

they say no reported fault, i guess just provide all the data we can here and hope for the best, but atleast tech team is aware, if anyone else wants to try to report, i went via retention team, told them they didnt understand the issue and i wasnt paying if it wasnt handled, got forwarded to teach team, helped there

0 Kudos
stucla
Tuning in
Message 84 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, while I'm starting to think I know more about networks than Virgin, I don't know enough to teach them.  A big thank you to all the people who have the time and knowledge to phone them up, and then come on the forums and inform the rest of us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
punchchris
Joining in
Message 85 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I tried playing CSGO this morning and couldn't... the rubberbanding was intense the enemy were asking why I'm standing still while on my screen im trying to run away. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9957faba8ec9b49ae150fc26566557b1c16b4c42

Please fix it.. It's been going for far too long. Its almost been a month now and I'm paying £60+ for this a month. 

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 242
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Caledur
Tuning in
Message 87 of 242
Flag for a moderator

It seems gamers in area 15 was also affected by a similar issue in January last year and VM only fixed it in May.

Source: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/broadband-speed-area-15/td-p/3624138
0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 88 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Ive not had this problem last year. Lol may??? 😂 

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 89 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I remember this and was on a discount for months, wasn't gaming much back then and neither were the kids, I also remember them telling me that while the upgrades were being completed there would be  diminished service, so they discounted me and loaded me up with credits, they will not be so lucky this time round, I have traced the fault and its in the street cabinet, and also at the exchange, its a toss up as to which part of the network is losing the most data (packets) as they're both spiking quite high, I cant check the modem as it doesn't accept ping requests but all power levels look ok, I will be contacting all residents in my block Monday and asking their permission to put in requests for Vodafone Gigabit and also Hyperoptic, I will get the whole block to register to give us a better chance and also involve the housing committee, Virgins days are numbered in here, this is a private estate with well over 100 units and i'm, going to make sure every one of them moves over when the time comes.

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 90 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Here is my afternoon BQM BQM monitor afternoon 05-01-19.png

0 Kudos