Menu
andf
Dialled in
Message 71 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

Based on my experience with networks, it is unavoidable to have issues, so I can accept that. 

What it is not acceptable it is the fact that Virgin doesn't want to/can'y solve the problem; this might be considered borderline illegal and a breach of contract.

Regarding the root cause of this problem, I am highly sceptical it is the network being congested, the behaviour is exactly the same in the middle of the night, it not restricted to peak hours only.

flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 72 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I'm in modem mode permanently, I use a nighthawk x6 r8000 from Netgear as my  router and wifi, its bullet proof, I have actually connected directly to my modem as im writing this using an cat 6 ethernet cable and have been running ping plotter pro and its showing packet loss in the cabinet outside and at the exchange and pretty much along the whole of virgins network, this is showing in real time, this is not your fault Oz, Virgin as I mentioned yesterday, have had a major outage which has caused massive problems for them along their network to the cabinets in the streets, for virgin cost issues and manpower resources for this issue will be a problem, which is why we have to keep up the pressure, if what I think happened actually did happen then this could be quite a while until resolved, I honestly believe that there was a massive power surge along their network which has caused damage to equipment in their cabinets, this happened Friday 21st December, and the knock on effect is what we are seeing now.

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 242
Flag for a moderator

This is quite clearly a breach of contract, and they know it, which is why most of their support staff are not in the loop and continue with the lines, your equipment is showing no faults and there are no faults on the network, the problem they have is that in today's world the software needed to check is available to the public, which pretty much proves them liars, I would recommend every keep logs of their tracert using command prompt also their BQM logs from think broadband and also ping returns again using command prompt, this will come in handy down the line. packet loss for me is averaging around 16% this morning with spikes as high as 60%

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 74 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to a representative from Sky and I'm being told I can get new internet with Sky by the 17th of January... By then I feel like our problems would of been fixed. So lost now man, feel like nothing is going to change or get fixed. 

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 75 of 242
Flag for a moderator

This company is is sheet, never experienced an issue that lasted this long. Wrote to them on facebook twitter made 2 complaints and still nothing, i didn't even get anything back from the complaints. I think im just gna go back to adsl, but i really dont want too 

0 Kudos
Infernouk
Tuning in
Message 76 of 242
Flag for a moderator

called the retention team, they said they arent in breach of service provision unless i have no internet for 30 days, they dont understand what packet loss is and have to speak to the tech team to find out. But they said they checked my area and I have no other options, and cant cancel...then left it there

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 77 of 242
Flag for a moderator

How long is left for your contract? call sky or tweet them, they can buy your contract off vm. Ive tweeted vm about the issue and sky replied asking me to join lol.

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 78 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Live bqm 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/440c6444565c54724eb7040a09946d5717c19bdb

VM if you see this fix the f.kin problem already  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 79 of 242
Flag for a moderator

They would say that, that is why I said keep all the logs, the contract between yourselves and virgin constitutes an agreement for them to provide a service and for you to pay for that service in lieu, (ie) one month in advance, if they do not provide that service and even refuse to admit to the problem when you have all the logs to show there is a problem, that is a breach of contract, advise them that you will take the pepsi challenge with them and see them in court if they have the guts to even go that far, as then you can show in public that they have lied, they are on a hiding to nothing here, Don't be worried by their rhetoric.

0 Kudos
Infernouk
Tuning in
Message 80 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Had a bit of luck getting through to the tech team and they have reported this fault and a link to this thread to the area manager so im hopeful that we may see some progress here as the staff member was actually very helpful (shame you have to battle through stages of incompetence to reach their decent employees)