Menu
Infernouk
Tuning in
Message 61 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

hey guys, just found this post thinking it was just my internet that was screwed! My ping and speed is all over the place leading me to randomly lag around for a couple of seconds several times a minute when playing online. 

I am in Islington, so is this an area specific issue? I tried to get through to VM customer service but keep getting sent to India and have actually been hung up on twice and the other two times had some very clueless support try to match my issue to their scripts and had no luck either...Any advice?

0 Kudos
andf
Dialled in
Message 62 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I have just cancelled my subscription, moving to a different operator in two weeks. 

Sadly, this is the only advice which can be given at the moment...

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 63 of 242
Flag for a moderator

if theres other fibre available in your area you might want to move, been going on for 3 weeks and heard nothing for vm
0 Kudos
Highlighted
stucla
Tuning in
Message 64 of 242
Flag for a moderator

It's everyone in "Area 15" which includes Islington.  It's taken 3 weeks of harassment for them to start admitting the fault to some customers, and the status page still says everything is fine.

Advice?  You could phone them up, if you think speaking to someone in India following a script about your problem will help.  You could check the status page, if you want to read a message saying there are no problems in your area.  Or you could post about it on social media, make a youtube video, and report the matter to Ofcom.

Whichever you think is more useful I'd advise doing.

Infernouk
Tuning in
Message 65 of 242
Flag for a moderator

ah, makes sense.

Might give the customer retention line a shot, theres no other providers on my road as i wanted BT infinity due to previous shocking experiences with virgin

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 66 of 242
Flag for a moderator

If you want to keep your sanity its probably best to avoid all contact with the Mumbai technical team, I am seriously looking into a 2nd line from another provider, I can't have the kids not being able to enjoy fortnite while on holiday again, constant shouting at me down the stairs that the lag is terrible lol, anyway we can only hope that they get their act together, they'll be contacting me very soon as I've cancelled the direct debit and will pay no more money while this issue is not resolved, below is my BQM for tonight, doesn't look as bad as the other nights but that's because the kids are away for the weekend..BQM night 04-01-19.png

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 67 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Good morning people my morning BQM updateMorning BQM 05-01-19.png

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Funny thing Sky butted in on my convo with Virgin on twitter lol, offering me stable broadband. expect the packet loss to get worse from around midday when the network will be congested, and remember on Monday most places will return from the xmas break and as there is an issue in Islington all business virgin customers will get priority on the network.

0 Kudos
GK47
On our wavelength
Message 69 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I'm so tempted to switch. I don't wanna waste any more time and just wanna use my internet again. However, I also feel like we're so close to a fix. I know Virgin isn't admitting their is a fault, but I don't think they will. I believe they'll fix it, and everything will just go back to working ways without them saying there's a problem. This video explains our problem... I time stamped it: https://youtu.be/tf8egy2fADA?t=521 It can happen to any ISP and has happened to most... if not all ISPs before. It's an issue that happens, the only thing is ISPs hate admitting this issue, and they try to delay as much as possible. Most of the time they just wait until a bunch of people switch, which people are already doing. Once that happens, pressure gets relieved from the head end, and/or the poles and everything goes back to normal. Technicians being sent out to your house won't do much.

I'm at the point where I just want to get refunded for December and switch providers. Soon all of us in "area 15" will no longer be Virgin customers!

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 70 of 242
Flag for a moderator

has anyone tried modem mode ? 

0 Kudos