Menu
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

Mine is getting worse atm, i'm on the phone waiting for retentions nowBQM evening 04-01-19.png

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 52 of 242
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Most people will not notice as their usage would not indicate a problem, the odd freeze on you tube or a slow loading web page, heavy users on the other hand it would kill all enjoyment, if your gaming, watching twitch or any other application that requires uploading of packets that are critical, ask your neighbours to set up a BQM I bet they have the same problem, this is purely an upload issue due to congestion,  somewhere along their route is broken, I even have a sneaky suspicion as I said earlier that there was a power surge which blew some nodes in the street cabinets, I am just about to do a hard reset again to check, what's really **bleep** me off is their denial of the problem now, Ofcom should be informed but we need all those affected to speak up on here and give permission for a mass complaint.

Catchers
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Just replying to this. I’m also in the N1 area and for the past week I’ve been experiencing packet loss so bad that it’s makinf online play on some games almost impossible. I’m on the top broadband package so this is a kick in the teeth over the Christmas period. 

I spoke to techo support who booked me an engineer appointment on Monday. I’ve just received this text message from VIrgun:

“Hi, it's Virgin Media. We've put your service visit on hold while we investigate a network problem affecting your services. We'll update you when this is fixed.”

Fingers crosses this means they’ve finally accepted and located the problem. 

0 Kudos
Soulstar
Joining in
Message 55 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I've also been having packet loss issues in the N1 area (Area 15) over the last week or so. Having to stick to turn based multiplayer games... Will also be calling to complain.

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 242
Flag for a moderator

They have me booked for Tuesday, I had to jump through hoops to get this done, they do not believe a word you say, I finally spoke to a technician in a foreign call centre who understood what I was saying and even asked for some of the logs from the tracert, he then agreed to send an engineer Tuesday, which makes a mockery of the 17th offered to someone else on here earlier, he can then test all equipment here and in the cabinet outside to at least rule out the problem being here or in the cabinet outside. as it stands another weekend of jumping around the screen on Fortnite, still averaging 10 kills in rumble even with the terrible lag lol

0 Kudos
Catchers
On our wavelength
Message 57 of 242
Flag for a moderator

It seems they’re accepting there’s a problem. My engineer appointment is on hold while they investigate an ongoing local issue - fingers crossed !!

0 Kudos
Soulstar
Joining in
Message 58 of 242
Flag for a moderator

That is good news. However, it doesn't seem like an area wide problem has been filtered down to all the teams as they wanted to send me a new box; I'm not going to say no to a newer router but if they haven't fixed the underlying issue by the time I get it I'll keep the pressure on from my side too.

0 Kudos
stucla
Tuning in
Message 59 of 242
Flag for a moderator

@flexipaul - if you're making a group complaint to Ofcom you would have my enthusiastic permission.

Stuart ############## 

[MOD EDIT - Personal information removed]

Virgin Vivid 100

0 Kudos
stucla
Tuning in
Message 60 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that, but it does make me laugh that this is pretty much the only way to get a response.  The best assumption I can make from this is that our concerns have been passed on regularly over the last 3 weeks by the mod team, who try to do the best job they can, but they are let down by completely incompetent people above them.

0 Kudos