Menu
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 41 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

So i just called the retentions team, uk based, the guy said he doesn't see that there is an area problem how ever, he booked me and engineer for the 17th....
he said that the packet loss could be to old cables and that there are new fibre optic cables which are much faster than the old ones and old ones do tend to experience pack loss issues, he has also refunded my 1 month pay and a discount to the second month.

17th is a long wait but unfortunately virgin is the only fibre in my area so im going to have to wait.. 

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 242
Flag for a moderator

This started 2 weeks ago when we had the Islington area go down on the Friday night, this was fixed locally Saturday morning, it then went again Saturday afternoon, and has been that way constantly ever since, the area upgrades (fibre to the cabinet) was completed a year ago, so its not the cables to the cabinet, they also do not run fibre direct to the house and still use coax cable to the house from the cabinet, (unless its a new build). Something not quite right here with Virgins response, there is obviously others in area 15 with this problem and it continues unabated and they say they've fixed it, when clearly it's not, this leads me to believe that whatever happened may have blown equipment in most local cabinets as well as whatever happened at the exchange, this means a massive cost outlay and manpower issue they just cant physically and financially meet, so they will offer discounts and send engineers at inflated lead times, and drip feed the fixing of this issue, while denying this issue even exists, I'm just about to call hyperoptic and see what they need to come into my estate to run gigabit internet, this is a long term solution and could take a year, but it means that there is an alternative, rather than the 73mb fibre Bt and affiliates offer. 

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 43 of 242
Flag for a moderator

for hyper optic you need a certain amounts of registers, i just faked all of them and now my building is being surveyed, i also messaged them to hurry up the progress
0 Kudos
Freyrune
On our wavelength
Message 44 of 242
Flag for a moderator

@ozgurcan wrote:

So i just called the retentions team, uk based, the guy said he doesn't see that there is an area problem how ever, he booked me and engineer for the 17th....
he said that the packet loss could be to old cables and that there are new fibre optic cables which are much faster than the old ones and old ones do tend to experience pack loss issues, he has also refunded my 1 month pay and a discount to the second month.

17th is a long wait but unfortunately virgin is the only fibre in my area so im going to have to wait.. 

Would you happen to have a number for the retention team?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Oz did you just fake one block or did you fake the whole estate and how many do you require for them to survey???

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 46 of 242
Flag for a moderator

0345 454 1111, cant remember what the options were but its the one to do with moving house.
0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 47 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I just faked my block
0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Friday night and still not working =(

unbelievable.. never ever have i dealt with a company like this before 

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 242
Flag for a moderator

They are completely denying that there is even a problem now

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 50 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I dont understand whats causing the packet loss, 2 of my neighbours are not having the problem, but loads of other people within area 15 is, really strange 

0 Kudos