Menu
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

it seems your engineers are wrong, still massive packet loss and I have the proof, i've been monitoring for days and your network just can't cope, I have the BQM graph for the last 12 hrs as well if you would like to see how bad it is, I've also got tracert logs showing timeouts through your network from last night after it was supposed to be fixed, poor poor service, I now have to go through the roulette of phoning in as I've been advised to do so by text, I wonder if ill get one of your Mumbai technicians who will tell me that my equipment is fine, laughable, as I said the other day I will now start to withhold payments and make it your problem even though you overcharged me on my last bill, maybe you knew this was coming and have taken the extra funds on purpose, who knows.

0 Kudos
aolmessenger
Tuning in
Message 32 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I am still seeing this issue, I spoke to a member of VM support on twitter who mentioned that I was the second person today to contact them regarding the Area 15 issue.

"Virgin Media

I have spoken to someone earlier that has said the exact same thing as yourself. A complaint has been raised for that person and they are awaiting a response."

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 33 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I've been watching this carefully over the last 2 hours and it seems that the packet loss cleared up for about 90 mins and in the last 15 mins has kicked back in with a vengeance, I'm now in the process of speaking to Vodafone who offer 73mb unlimited use for £25 a month, no other choice at present as virgin no longer have my trust, if anyone wants to see the BQM meter I will post and I will keep it live to monitor for everyone.

0 Kudos
ozgurcan
Dialled in
Message 34 of 242
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 242
Flag for a moderator

BQM 04-01-19.jpgThis constitutes fixed.1

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to see that the latency issues remain ongoing, this fault has been escalated back to networks who are investigating.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 242
Flag for a moderator

The issue is actually getting worse total congestion on its network, I dread to think what will happen when people return to work on Monday, because if you're unaware Virgin prioritises Business customers over domestic if there is a problem on their network.BQM morning 04-01-19.jpg 

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I decided to ring in and run the gauntlet of customer service i'm live with them now, they're refusing to put me through to anyone in the uk and are advising me that my equipment is fine and no fault in the area, its all fixed they keep saying, I have now cancelled my direct debit, atrocious behaviour from Virgin, lets just pretend its gone away, I even tried the twitter contact and they gave me a 404 error page link to known faults, at this point there's nothing more I can do, is everyone else still having this issue or am I the only one??? Reetika has now informed that this is my fault their equipment is working and there is no fault in the area and she can do no more, she's offered to connect me to the technical department who will tell me the same thing that there is no fault, I have advised her that I have all the logs of the BQM and have tracert logs proving timeouts along the Virgin network, I have also advised that my direct debit has been cancelled, I wish everyone luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tonycv51
Fibre optic
Message 39 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if there are 2 problems  - one wider issue that may have been fixed, and something local to your connection / cabinet. Am surprised they've not had an engineer out with that packet loss - clearly an unusable connection

Have you tried the thinking of leaving option on the phone to get through to onshore ? 

0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 242
Flag for a moderator

The girl was refusing to even accept that there was a problem, whatever happened 2 weeks ago really affected the Islington area, they also fixed it the day after and it went again the Saturday afternoon, I am now done with it all and have stopped payments, there's no point in continuing this if they even refuse to accept there is a problem, they have not even offered to send out an engineer, which is suspicious as well.

0 Kudos