Menu
punchchris
Joining in
Message 21 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Re: packet loss

To be fair, at least we all have the same problem. N1 for me too.

I'm glad its not my router which is messing up for example.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/50630a9c82b9faaed50fd687bbc5cc873e...

My choke isn't as bad as it has been the past few days where playing online was unbearable, however I have faith they'll fix it by end of this week. When I rang in, the automated machine did say they were fixing it as its a bigger issue than first thought and I have them updating me via text.

You are right though, there needs to be way more competition.
0 Kudos
Londonjo
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I agre with everything you have said about this situation. 

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I think the whole debacle is ridiculous, its been over 2 weeks now!
and still no official word...When i ring in just pushed to different departments being talked to like its my problem and i need to pay to get an engineer out ??!??!
Tell them to look at the forums and they say they cant? come on what kind of company is this?
0 Kudos
holtend4life
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Punchchris, just for future reference, how did you manage to get the updates to you via text? Also, is there a way i can hear this automated message if i ring up or do i have to trawl through 50 VM customer support people to get to it?

0 Kudos
punchchris
Joining in
Message 25 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Hey! I actually called them up to report the issue last week, and they said they just found a fault in the area, (N1). And would fix it that day, I did receive a text which said they had sorted it and to respond HELP if there were any more issues. The next day it was fixed in the morning but by night it was back to where it was. So I called them up yesterday with the original phone and it went to an automated response which gave me the feedback and dialled for updates via text.
0 Kudos
flexipaul
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 242
Flag for a moderator

I got a text today telling me the problem has been fixed and to text help if its still a problem, guess what its actually worse than before, they have until tomorrow to fix this or i'll be withholding payment, in their wisdom they also took £70 too much in payments in December, this company is going down the pan, I would rather have a 75 meg internet that works, than this **bleep**e.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the problems, networks have been investigating and reporting that the fault should now have been restored.

If latency issues are still evident please let us know and we'll report back.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 242
Flag for a moderator

Ralph, are you saying that networks have now reported the area 15 packet loss problem is now fixed?
0 Kudos
Jay429
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 242
Flag for a moderator

just to confirm just tested **ITS NOT FIXED!**
Still ridiculously high packet loss
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ozgurcan
Dialled in