Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

latency issues

hiya

i thought i would add my voice to the increasing pile of unhappy gamers

day1_LI (2).jpgday 2_LI.jpg

tried for 1.15 hours on the phone yesterday to get a solution .. got no where

my speed is fine . my latency not so

i was  running a ping while i was on the phone (ping -t 8.8.8.8)

this was all over the place constant bouncing upto the 180s plus

the guy i was talking to tried a few things .. none of them improved it

in the end he told me he had made some changes and to test it then ring back tomorrow then he hung up .........

i have just checked my BQM graphs and .. yup no change at all so i guess i will be wasting more time on the phone when i get home later ;(

COME ON virgin .. imagine how it feels to get destroyed repeatedly by a 10 year old kid ...your doing psychological  damage to me here    ....

RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: latency issues

When and if intel fix there puma chipset, then VM will follow.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 350Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
simatron3000
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your stuffed mate, that isn't getting fixed. I've had to order a second connection using open reach to play games online.

0 Kudos
westfields8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Today’s update

test.JPGday3.JPG

Yesterday’s phone call .. ended with the line unfortunately disconnecting and our phone call ended .. I’m giving the lady at the other end the benefit of the doubt .... and saying she didn’t hang up ... although this is the second time that’s happened in 2 days

We have tried everything they suggested .. and no fix

Hours wasted trying different things and still no improvement

2 x phonecalls  today  first one unfortunatly developed the same issue as yesterday and the day before and my conversation ended abruptly ... strange how that keeps happening ......

second phone call i started by telling them i had been hung up on 3 times and asked him if THEY had a problem with there phones ...

He was very apologetic .. Went and read my notes put me on hold came back and organised an engineer

Engineer booked for tomorrow

let’s see what happens there

0 Kudos
westfields8
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so just to wrap this up

engineer came checked the line found no faults which surprises no one

i told him of my issues and he seemed genuinely sympathetic but not surprised.

he went to make a phone call came back checked my ping on his phone said it looked good on his app.

i said he just got lucky and the ping has to be constant to see the spikes he rang someone from my house explained it again. put the phone down and said there is nothing he can do .. i can wait for the software update to be pushed to my hub and hope that fixes it no idea when that will happen .. but soon... and he informed me that a new hub 4 is being released later this year and that was all he could say.

so my options are deal with it till a fix is released or leave.

i shall be checking when my contract is up when i get home

when and if  i ring disconnections i will ask about the hub 4 and update this  if i get any info that may be of use.

0 Kudos
Luke_113
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Once again, another example of Virgin staff wasting company money sending out engineers to fix something they can't..... THIS RESULTS IN CUSTOMER PRICE RISES
0 Kudos
Luke_113
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm also fairly certain, that they've cottoned onto that people want them to push forward the Hub4 release as hopefully they learnt with the Hub3, and so are now saying this to pacify people so that they think they only have weeks maybe months before the problem is solved.

It won't be, LG's CEO said they weren't rushing Docsis3.1 and would only deploy when customers are willing to pay for it (i.e. so they can recoup the investment) the Scrub3 is good for at least 500mb, most likely Virgin will try and force 1Gb/s over it before giving up on the Hub3
0 Kudos