charll_colwell
Joining in

will there be an additional charge to watch itv hub on phone using data/4G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What device are you watching programmes on?

And how is it connected to the internet?

It's the internet connection that dictates the cost of the data usage except where you're watching on a Virgin Media TV box in which case the internet will be VM broadband and therefore "unlimited"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What device are you watching programmes on?

And how is it connected to the internet?

It's the internet connection that dictates the cost of the data usage except where you're watching on a Virgin Media TV box in which case the internet will be VM broadband and therefore "unlimited"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

charll_colwell
Joining in

i’m watching on an iphone on mobile data, when i go to watch something on itv hub it says there may be an additional charge whilst watching on mobile data

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's the standard popup disclaimer that many mobile apps have, to "protect" users who are otherwise watching on WiFi-connections which are usually free.

Hi charll_colwell, 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. Also thank you for japitts for your assistance. 

As japitts has advised, this will be a standard pop up to ensure that additional charges may occur whilst streaming on mobile data. 

If you are a Virgin Mobile customer, you can apply a spending cap to your account to avoid going above a certain amount. This offer security that you will not receive an unexpected large data bill.

More information on this can be found here

Please get in touch if you have any questions or if we can assist in the future.

Take care, 

Nat