Menu
kvw
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

internet connection dropping out playing PS4

My son has been having problems for months now with his games on PS4 being interrupted by the internet connection dropping out.  He gets banned from the games regularly for seemingly "leaving" before the end of a game, which is extremely frustrating for him.  His PS4 uses a wired connection through a power line adaptor which is good for speed , when it is working.  I though with "supposedly" superfast fibreoptic broadband we wouldnt have any problems but this is a real pain.   Also, when we tried to watch two different movies last night on two different tv's the broadband gave up and one of us had to just stop watching our movie! Surely we should be able to watch two things at once??

Any suggestions?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet connection dropping out playing PS4

Hi kvw,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to hear about what's happening.

Are you noticing an intermittent connection with any other device in the property?

Is it possible to connect the PS4 directly to your hub rather than using powerline adapters to rule out what's causing this to happen.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
kvw
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rose. We do sometimes have problems with the internet connection on other devices, particularly one of the laptops.
We can connect the PS4 directly to the hub as it’s too far away.
0 Kudos
kvw
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Also my laptop seems to struggle with connection sometimes when my son is on his PS4
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for updating the thread kvw,

I've checked things from this end for you and your equipment levels, etc., all appear to be within range at the moment.

Have you tried adjusting your wireless settings?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kvw
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not using wireless so that wouldn’t have any effect
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating kvw,

I've re-checked your connection and there now appears to be a clear issue displayed concerning your equipment SNR levels.

I've sent you a private message so that we can discuss arranging an engineer visit for this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos