cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intermittent wifi

sean280797
Joining in

I currently have M600 broadband installed in my home and when I first got it I had no issues what so ever and was happy with everything. However recently when gaming it will work like normal and then suddenly I will get a massive spike in ping which makes it unplayable, this will last around 10/20 seconds then I will be kicked off the game due to a loss of connection. After a few more seconds it will go back to normal and I can play until the next time, these can vary and happen roughly every 30/40 minutes. I'm just confused to why it is happening so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. this happens both on WiFi and when connected via an ethernet cable. 

6 REPLIES 6

RedGooner
Super solver

If you have SH3 and in Router Mode, thats normal, its been going on for years.

Do a internet search for Puma 6 test, run the test, if you get more RED than GREEN thats your issue.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sean280797,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some intermittent issues with your connection. After running through some checks on your account, our systems have identified a very short term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance related issues with your connection. We believe that this will only be a very short term issue and your connection will return to normal very soon.

In the meanwhile, please can you check that all cables are connected securely? The issue that has been identified may be the result of a loose connecting cable. Once you have done this, please monitor your connection over the next 7 days and if the issue still persists, let us know.

We have also identified some issues with your WiFi quality and you could benefit from Intelligent WiFi Pods which help improve coverage issues. Is this something you would be interested in? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

• Hi @Ayisha_B Thanks for the reply, I would be interested in a intelligent WiFi pod, could you let me know how to obtain one? Or are these not available right now. I tried looking online but it says they have stopped taking registrations for them?

I can certainly look to order this for you @sean280797

Just to let you know there is a £5 monthly charge for this unless you are on the Ultimate Oomph and Gig1 package where this would be free. 

Are you happy to proceed with this?

Let me know and I can send you a PM 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

@Ayisha_B yeah sure that's fine 

Brill, will pop you a PM now 😄

Keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page to access your inbox. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team