cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hub 3 modem mode

r3volt97
Tuning in

Looking to have a TP LinkArcher AX10 AX1500 dual band router hooked to my hub 3 as we have issues with the internet on our phones , it's switching between the 2.4 ghz and 5ghz band quite a few times a day plus there's also load of devices hooked to the network alone like Nest Mini's , a dehumidifier etc . Broadband is working flawlessly , i'm hitting 1gbps even tho i'm on a Volt booster M500 package now , pretty sure it's the speed is scalled down a bit but it's ok .

Anything special required to make the change , also we have a wi-fi signal booster which will become useless if the hub is being set as a modem right ? 

Looking forward hearing from you , thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It only needs to be setup initially as below,  after this the power up sequence does not matter.

1 - Set Hub 3 in modem mode and switch it off.

2 - Setup the Archer in DHCP/Automatic IP mode and let it settle.

3 - Connect a Cat 6a cable between the Archer's WAN port and any port on the Hub 3.

4 - Switch on the Hub 3.

You should now get a WAN IP to the Archer.  That's it done.

As for the wifi extender it may work with the Archer, or you may find you don't need it anymore.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It only needs to be setup initially as below,  after this the power up sequence does not matter.

1 - Set Hub 3 in modem mode and switch it off.

2 - Setup the Archer in DHCP/Automatic IP mode and let it settle.

3 - Connect a Cat 6a cable between the Archer's WAN port and any port on the Hub 3.

4 - Switch on the Hub 3.

You should now get a WAN IP to the Archer.  That's it done.

As for the wifi extender it may work with the Archer, or you may find you don't need it anymore.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks