cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gaming

andyt84
Joining in

hi I'm having issues gaming.internet keeps dropping upstairs with WiFi.ive got a hub 3.would it be better to see if I can upgrade to hub 4 or go for my own router and your the hub3 as a modem

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try to use an ethernet cable connection would be my first choice.  Even power line adapters would be better than wifi. 

A Hub 4 is no better than a Hub 3 for wifi.

However do wired connections drop as well as the wifi?

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gaving1
Joining in

Best thing you can do is get virgin out pal, it’s **bleep**e for gaming even though they advertise it,

absolute balls and their own engineers say so

take no notice of the **bleep** upstream downstream levels the half **bleep** tech teams tell you to do 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andyt84,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the connection whilst gaming. 

I have taken a look at our system and completed initial account, provisioning and Virgin Media network related diagnostics on your service, and haven't identified any issues that could be causing this. 
As such, we suggest using a wired connection for a better gaming experience as advised by @Adduxi

We also have some WiFi tips here that you may find helpful 🙂

Let us know how you get on!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs