cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best set up for xbox x

scottyb1
Tuning in

Just switched to Virgin from BT and need some help as my youngest is driving me mad ! since joining Virgin latency while gaming has gone through the roof also NAT issues keeps telling him NAT type unavailable we sort of worked round NAT issue by manually changing PORT this seems to work for a couple of days then does it again am I missing something ? with BT never had any issues like this worked straight out box and driving him mad which means I get constant aggro. So my question is there a way of setting router up to overcome these issues ? I have a Hub 5 Please save me !!!    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As VM do not use IPv6, which BT does, you will need to setup Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT.

Set the Xbox up with either a Reserved DHCP lease or use a static IP outside the DHCP scope.

Oh and use an ethernet cable for your connection to the Hub ......   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As VM do not use IPv6, which BT does, you will need to setup Port Forwarding to get an Open NAT.

Set the Xbox up with either a Reserved DHCP lease or use a static IP outside the DHCP scope.

Oh and use an ethernet cable for your connection to the Hub ......   😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi scottyb1, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue with the Xbox and latency. 

The helpful tips given to you by Adduxi should help resolve things. 

I've run some checks this end to ensure that the Hub 5 is working as it should be and I can confirm all signal and power levels are optimal and there is no issue open for your area. 

If after trying the tips provided by Adduxi you're still having an issue, please set up a broadband quality monitor here. Once you have done this, share your link URL link so we can monitor things from this end. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs