cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox series x got 1gb service and only getting 198mbps on ethernet cableslow downloads

Snow72
Joining in

Please help 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Snow72 wrote:

Please help 

Speed tests on consoles are not reliable.  You need to test with a PC/Laptop directly wired to the Hub with a good Cat 6 cable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Snow72

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here! 

Are you able to try the speed test as directed by @Adduxi please? Do you also notice issues on other devices or only on the Xbox? 

Thank you.

alexwesley1993
On our wavelength

I too been having this problem....I have the gig1 and the brand new hub 5, my series X speed test ALWAYS hits around 1030-1120mbps....AND my pc consistently speed tests at 1130mbps....always....my phone even speed tests at over 800, and that's on WiFi!!!! The console and pc are over Ethernet....but yet my series X is stilo only hitting between 300-400 odd Mbps...it even dips down to 200-100 odd at times... albeit for a couple seconds....but come on...I'm not paying £62 a month for over a gigabit if my console isn't even getting HALF that....it's ridiculous...even my pc, whcih originally started out as consistently downloading at 1.1gbps on steam, has now reduced itself to 700-800mbps....it's ridiculous....

Console speed will always depend on whatever Microsoft or PlayStation upload at and the congestion on their networks. I have never downloaded faster than 450mbps on my series X via ethernet. This is a MS issue not VM.