cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live 2 xboxs one house

scottyb1
Tuning in

Ok just got virgin media and have a hub 5 have 2 sons with Xbox each and noticed that if both on at same only one can play multiplayer the other one will get message " NAT type unavailable" can't get  teredo IP address ! I am not a computer techy but never had this issue when with BT. Went online for help and alot of conflicting advice so none the wiser so have come here hopefully for some proven advice please remember I'm not a techy !

9 REPLIES 9

MattjVideos
Dialled in
ok ill try my best the hub 5 is the new and there still trying to fix problems with it but i know if u have 2 xbox conected to the same broadband one will say nat type open and the other xbox will say nat type moderate its because only one xbox can hold the port at one time. but with hub 5 there is a issue that one is fine and the other is unavilable. only thing i can think of the now is try a factory reset hold reset button for 60 sec then wait 5 mins then see if that fixed it.
hope that makes sence.

For multiple consoles to connect to their online service with an Open NAT at the same time, you must use UPnP. However, the quality of the UPnP implementation in the router's firmware will determine how well it handles this scenario, in this case the Hub 5's UPnP. You cannot achieve this with Port Forwarding.

I don't have any experience of using the Hub 5 yet to know if its UPnP can handle this, but I don't use my hub in router mode and use it modem mode with my own router that can handle Open NAT for multiple Xboxes and PlayStations online at the same time.
SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

Thanx 4 advice UPnP is enabled checked that, could actually cope with 1 xbox being moderate NAT other Open the problem is it will let him on fine for a couple of days then just say NAT unavailable changing port manually solved this first time but no more rebooting router worked last time but if this will work again is debatable. Some one recommended reserving his xboxs ip address ( making static I suppose in a sense ? ) and then forwarding to port 3075 to solve issue does this sound like a cure ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@scottyb1 wrote:
<snip>  Some one recommended reserving his xboxs ip address ( making static I suppose in a sense ? ) and then forwarding to port 3075 to solve issue does this sound like a cure ?

Both XBoxes should have reserved DHCP addresses, or Static addresses outside the DHCP scope, and should have different ports set for XBox Live.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

sorry your talking to a tech idiot here so I have to reserve both ip addresses for xboxs and forward 1 to say 3074 and other 3075 and this should solve issues ?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Port Forwarding Two Xboxes With One Router

Set the alternative Port on one XBox as one should already be on 3074 by default. 

The port forwarding is done on the Hub. and the XBox port is changed within the XBox Network settings - Advanced Settings - Alternate Port

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

sorry one final question i apologise so your saying just port forward one xbox to 3075 other already on 3074 as you said now when manually change port at moment on xbox there is only a couple of ports to choose from all like 51226 or 52333 will after all this is done will this change to 3075 as there is no way to manually input a port on xbox just drop down menu if not am i better off just forwarding whatever port it is uses at mo eg 51226 and maybe BOQ ? once again apologies

sorry meant QOS

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes just try one of the port alternatives. QOS is not needed imho.