Menu
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox disconnecting

hi mate i havnt been at home enough to give a definate answer but my connection seems to be stable since i opened the ports for fifa. you can have the 2.5 and 5 on at the same time mate so you should be able to see which signal is dropping the most. add - 2 to the end of the ssid on the 2.5 and - 5 to the end of the ssid of the 5g, that way you know which one you are connecting to. tge 5g should give u faster speeds but over a shorter range. if this still doesnt work then you could change the wireless channel (any of them should work fine) as if your neighbour is on the same channel it could cause interference. hopefully this solves it but it sounds like it might be easier to request a new router (they might try and charge you for it but point out yoy only need it because the equipment they provided fails to work) if you havd the same issues with a new router then im afraid engineer call outs may be the only solution. 

0 Kudos
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ok so one disconnect so far today while idle on fifa ultimate team menus, been watching youtube for around 2 hours since and no disconnect so maybe its fifa? ive port fowarded all the ports they list though

0 Kudos
Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So far played one game of that warface in wired connection after doing that 2.4ghz and 5ghz and turning off smart WiFi disconnected with in about 10 mins.

connected wireless to the 5ghz one because router is less than 12ft away anyway it has worked perfectly so far.

are you running wireless or wired I forget, should give that a try

0 Kudos
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

wired mate. i have disconnected once today alrwady and once yesterday. im trying a wireless connection atm to see if its simoly my powerline adaptors 

0 Kudos
Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

After going wireless have had no problems since doing the separation of 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

Still had problems before it tho, i also seen a thing about changing the channels Incase someone in your area has the same channel which is cause a problem 

0 Kudos
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

ive just seen a video saying that the powerline adapters i use cut out when the connections idle. this would be pretty helpful for my pc but obviously this is terrible for a games console, i havnt disconnected since switching to wireless but its still really early days so i will post back if it turns out it was just the adapters. i have a tp link powerline, i forget the model but judging from the comments online if you use a tp link adapter then tp link is probably the source of your issue, the post i saw reccomended a netgear pl1000 and at 35 pounds i feel like this isnt an expensive solution... if it is the solution lol, i will give it a few days or untill my next disconnect before i update but this is looking like my problem. i may start my own post if it is though as it looks like our issues are different. update soon mate and hope you get a game or two in at least 😊 good luck

0 Kudos
johnnydel
Joining in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much solved my Xbox problem

0 Kudos
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

sorry for not posting back. it was my tp link adapters that were the problem. i now have netgear adapters and no issies at all. wireless also worked fine. the issue seems to be either with to links power save mode or just with tp link products in general
0 Kudos