Menu
Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Xbox disconnecting

Hi can anyone help

Moved into my apartment about 3 months ago got Virigin installed always had BT before and never had this issue, but Iโ€™m constantly being disconnected for Xbox live and have noticed in the last few days with Fifa 19 I keep getting disconnected from ea servers wether itโ€™s on the menus or in a match. I play weekend league on UT and have disconnected 4 times and only managed to play 6 games and am not able to get on now to play my remaining game because I constantly disconnect, have an engineer coming tomorrow but is there anything that anyone can suggest so I can play?

thanks 

callumc
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xbox disconnecting

same problem here, new customer, about 3 months into contract and started having issue. ive tried, dmz, port fowarding and upnp. spoke to xbox and they are saying that i need to do port fowarding which i had done. i have just dont a couple of extra ports for fifa 18 and so far (only been 5 mins) its ok. idk if this is related but when you test nat type and it comes up with continue or test again, press lb, rb, lt and rt all at the same time (might take more than one attempt) does it say that you are behind a cone nat? mine does and im finding conflicting information as to whether this is what is required or if this is what the problem is. xbox wouldnt give me a straight answer. 

callumc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

right so i port fowarded for xbox live and fifa and waited about 15 mins. i hadnt disconnected so i thought id try a squad battle, all went fine and no disconnection, went for a wee, still connected. im still connected now and i will write it in if as and when i disconnect, the whole time i made sure i was connevted ti ea and on the ultimate team menu as this is where i notice disconnections

soooooo this may not be the solution but try this

sign into your router (192.168.0.1) 

edit: you need to give your console a static ip, when your signed in click connected devices and note your xboxs mac address, the find dhcp or something, i think its in advanced settings, on that menu you can give your console a static ip by pasting the mac address and choosing an ip address for it (something like 192.168.0.choose last two digits) make sure the ip you choose doesnt match any of the other connected devices ip address. if you google it there will be a better explination. sorry i had to add this as an afterthought and ive not had much practice setting static ips

click advanced settings - port fowarding and then add rule

add the following ports one by one (start port and end port put the same number) 

53 both

88 udp

500 udp

3074 both

3544 udp

3659 both

4500 udp

80 tcp

if it says something like ports reserved or not allowed in range or something just ignore it, apparently these are automatically opened by virgin, i dont believe that but not a lot else i can do lol

the tcp/udp/both bit is the second from last box and the last box is enable. make sure its set to yes or on or whatever it is and apply. its long and just adding your console to the dmz should have the same effect and be much quicker but this didnt seem to work for me.

this is all assuming you have the superhub 3.0 or whatevwr it is. 

took me a fair while to type that and im still connected. will update if this hasnt fixed, please thumb me if this helped

OH and turn upnp off

Screenshot_20181008-025811.png

Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Iโ€™ve just done all of those steps but still having connection issues just had the virgin guy out and he changed a few connections, apparently virgin did a firmware update on wednesday and this might be the cause of it?

Highlighted
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

could be mate. im not entirely sure though but please let me know if this has solved the problem as i may need an engineer to come out myself ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ firmware could easily be the culprit though so hopefully this will fix your problem

Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No fix as of yet, been on the phone about 3 times to virgin the so ignorant ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Cant even connect to Xbox live at all now? Thought it was an Xbox fault so spent an hour on the phone.

was told by one Iโ€™d be getting a new router, sat on the phone for 50 mins to put on hold for someone to answer and then hang up.

when testing connection I just get a message from Xbox saying high packet loss now 

0 Kudos
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

have you any way of getting a wired connection? its a bit of an inconvienience but you could purchase some powerline adapters and that will enable a wired connection even if you are in a different room to your router. this is a big advantage for gaming, not so much streaming. ive been told they only work if you have the both plugged in on the same floor as each other (e.g ground floor, front room and dining room sort of thing) but i have my router and one adapter on the second floor and the other adapter on the 3rd and they work fine. this should help you determine if its your wireless signal or your internet though, if you rub a speed test on another device and the results differ from your xbox then its nost likely an issue with eiter the console (unlikely) or xbox live (quiet likely). ill let you know if i cannot sign in when i get to my console

0 Kudos
callumc
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

just to let you know xbox live is working for me. sometimes xbox live issues only affect a certian amount of users so it may be an xbox live issue still but it is unlikely. feel for you mate, nothing worse than trying to chill out and play a game for it to cut out every 5 minites. 

Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yeah especially on your weekend off/ day of itโ€™s annoying cheers for the help seems to be working after my 3rd phone call with them but does cut out every so often

0 Kudos
Davetherave1996
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Callum any luck yet?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-3-0-wifi-connection-keeps-dropping-out/...

Found this on its to do with changing things on settings from 2.4ghz to 5ghz going to give it a try now

0 Kudos