Menu
Highlighted
pjwillis
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One lag and game disconnects - Fortnite and Destiny 2

Hello

Been having issues for last couple of days with bad lag in online games on Xbox One.

Tried restarting router a couple of times - still doing it.

Run online diagnostic test this evening which said it identified an issue and to reset the equipment after 10 minutes. I did that but continued to experience lag and game disconnects afterwards.

It's now saying I've run the diagnostic test 3 times already today (although I think it was 2) and to come on here and ask for help instead.

Can someone look into this for me please?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
dcullen
Just joined
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One lag and game disconnects - Fortnite and Destiny 2

I have also been having the same issue the last few days. Have you gone into Settings -> Network -> Detailed Network Statistics and ran that test?

For me it came back that I had 25% packet loss, which is where my issue lies, I will check how it is tonight and if it isn't fixed I will contact Virgin.

pjwillis
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I've logged into my Superhub 3.0 but do not see a Settings menu.

I have:

Home

Connected Devices

Modem Mode

Advanced Settings

Admin

When I try those any of those menus I do not see a Network --> Detailed Network Statistics selection.

0 Kudos
pjwillis
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello

This has happened again this morning with my son saying he experienced bad lag in his online games spoiling his experience.

I've just performed a test and it identified issues again (I need to restart the router in 10 mins it said).

I didn't have issues like this on the old superhub 2 router, is it because I recently upgraded to a v6 box and new router do you think?

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its the SH3, its been having issues with lag / latency because of the intel PUMA chipset.

People have been posting in here for over 2 years about it.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
pjwillis
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just ran a Google speedtest with my Laptop (Ethernet connection) which said:

3.34 Mbps download

9.59 Mbps upload

Latency: 22 ms

Server: London

There has to be a problem as I'm paying for 200Mb download. Can someone at Virgin look into this for me please?

I've read about latency and lag on the new hub I've installed but not speed issues like this.
0 Kudos
Leepop
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same issue. Mines jumping from 25% to 75% packet loss. Really starting to p**s me off. Call Virgin media typical Indian call centre that read from a script and give you the same old run around. Apparently I've got to monitor it for 9 days. If it's like this tomorrow then a cancellation email will be sent.

£40 a month for s**t unreliable internet that Virgin Media think it's ok to monitor it for 9 days. No chance. BTW yes its cabled. And I have no ping drops to the router. So it's a problem on VM's netwoek

Sorry about the language!15219118093503029820527874551187.jpg

pjwillis
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As an update to this:

Tried streaming a movie with the sky app (on Xbox One) last night - it disconnected/lost connection to sky servers at least 10 times which obviously spoilt our enjoyment of Wonder Woman somewhat.

This morning I rang 150 and said I wanted them to reactivate my superhub 2 as I'd read on here about the issues with my new superhub 3 and consoles.

They were happy to do it straight away so am now back online with my superhub 2 - I'd elected to install the new vbox and router myself so I still had my old one. The instructions had said to take it to a recycling centre but I'm very glad I didn't.

The chap on the phone said they were aware of issues with the new hub and consoles and that a new firmware update to fix it will be released in the next couple of weeks. I should get an email letting me know when it is. He suggested giving the superhub 3 another try when that happens.

Thanks for all the responses everyone, much appreciated. I'm gonna go and play me some Destiny now Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Leepop
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well. Just turned on ran 5 tests and 0% packet loss on each test.

Saturday's are for unwinding and spending a couple of hours on the Xbox is something I enjoy doing. I pay good money for a service that should be fit for purpose and not just be unreliable for no apparent reason or no prior warning. I will monitor and if it continues BT infinity here I come. I like the fact that the virgin media reps on here stay silent. 15219804187657896729100677444445.jpg

pjwillis
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@RedGoonerwrote:

Its the SH3, its been having issues with lag / latency because of the intel PUMA chipset.

People have been posting in here for over 2 years about it.

Over 2 years...? Wow - they most have lost a lot of frustrated customers in that time. I'd had enough after 2 weeks...

0 Kudos