Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 21 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One disconnecting. Wired connection. All other devices still connected.

Hello both,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

Apologies for the connection issues you're experiencing, I appreciate it's frustrating. I know you've probably been through all the basics, but for us to progress with our diagnostics please confirm the following.

- Do you experience connection issues on multiple devices?

- Does Modem Mode change the performance?

- Does the time of day make any difference?

- Do all consoles on your network have difficulties?

If you get back to us we will do our very best to help.

Apologies again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ZiltoidRacer
Dialled in
Message 22 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One disconnecting. Wired connection. All other devices still connected.

- Do you experience connection issues on multiple devices? 

Yes, all devices on ethernet have the same problem

- Does Modem Mode change the performance?

No, it happens in router mode and modem mode just the same. I am actually running modem mode all the time with a Netduma R1 router.

- Does the time of day make any difference?

It happens mornings, afternoons & nights

- Do all consoles on your network have difficulties?

Not just consoles but anything connected to the internet via ethernet has this problem. My wife never gets it with her laptop because she always uses wifi.

Note: Even when i have my laptop wired directly into the SH3 in modem mode these dropouts occur...

cTc_F3LTZYY
Dialled in
Message 23 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Same here, I have lost 50 followers on twitch over the past week from constant dropouts! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 24 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello ZiltoidRacer,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

I've taken a good look at your network and the only thing I'm picking us is that your upstream power levels are slightly on the high side right now, but could be fluctuating. I'd be happy to arrange for an engineer to call around to investigate. I'll get in touch with you via PM (purple envelope, top right) to discuss this further.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 25 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello ZiltoidRacer,

Hope you're well Smiley Happy

It's been a few days since we spoke last so I just wanted to pop by and see how you're getting on.

Let me know if you still need help.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
No-Username
Joining in
Message 26 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hello I'm having the exact same issue but every time I call support they tell me my connection is fine from the speed tests. I couldn't be anymore frustrated than I am now from going around in circles. I know the basics, I have done all the troubleshooting and now I have to put up with this farce. Could you please for the love of gaming tell me what's wrong? It's quite a coincidence that this happens to so many people within this time frame.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
oliverdearlove
Joining in
Message 27 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I have experienced this issue also.

This is nothing to do with your Broadband or outside network. - NO point in VM testing your broadband!

It is purely down to the Network/internal ports of the Superhub 3. If it was broadband related connections would not work on wifi, when it drops on your ethernet connected devices.

As far as I can see it is a fault with the superhubs

MRhamilton
Tuning in
Message 28 of 30
Flag for a moderator

same problem here to just started a bqm lol guess what same results VM just take back th the SH3 and give us allSH2

0 Kudos
yahia1986
Joining in
Message 29 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same issue everyone in this thread is facing. The only option is just to switch ISP. Lucky me! my contract has just expired. But even if the contract was still running, it's not valid as I can easily proof that VM is not delivering the service I subscribed for.
0 Kudos
xs0nnyx
Joining in
Message 30 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing this exact same issue but with the SH5. I have a SH5 downstairs and have an ethernet cable routed to one of our rooms upstairs which plugs into a Belkin mini ethernet switch (5 port). My xbox and laptop then plug into this mini switch as well.  I will be pinging my router and xbox from my laptop whilst plugged in with no issue then i'll have a drop out for about 5/6 packets from my Xbox before the connection picks up again. My laptop stays connected as normal but just the Xbox which drops out.  So annoying, never had this issue when living at mum and dads with BT.  I've also plugged directly into the router with my Xbox and same issue again.

Taken my Xbox to a friends house not using Virgin and plugged in and no dropouts again.  Tried different and known working cables at every step but no change.  Had Virgin out to test connection but showing no issues.  I am most likely to be changing ISP unless someone comes out and tries to swap out my SH5.

Massively poor up time with internet as well, always having issues in our area, working from home in IT as well which makes this all the more difficult.

0 Kudos