Menu
R24JPL
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One and V6 problems

Hi folks, sorry if this is in the wrong board but im unsure as to where this actually applies....a few weeks ago when i was waking up in the morning coming downstairs, i would notice that my V6 box was switched on, when i clearly switched it off the previous night. I played my xbox upstairs up until 2 days ago and ive noticed that when turning my xbox on it turns my V6 box on and vice versa when turning the xbox off, now the V6 box being on in the morning makes sense...but what doesnt make sense is that the xbox and television arent connected as i play on a monitor and i have a second V6 box upstairs which didnt have the problem when i used the xbox upstairs? Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone have any idea as to why it may be happening?
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One and V6 problems

Does it matter if it is on or on standby?
0 Kudos
R24JPL
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well when i am using the xbox my partner is watching television so its a bit of an inconvenience as she watches on demand shows so has to turn the box back on to restart the show she watching etc.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI R24JPL

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced recently. 

Can you talk us through how you've got your V6 connected? Have you set the Xbox One up to watch the TV through it at any time? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
R24JPL
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes i have had the xbox connected through the television at one point and it was also connected to a virgin box also. But this was in another house and a competely different set top box. It was an old box it was connected to.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi R23JPL

Thanks for the update, could you remove those settings from your Xbox to see if that helps? 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
R24JPL
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig, yes i can do that...i seem to have found tge cause of the issue, on front of the console there is an infrared receiver and this it what seems to be contacting the television and set top box to make them act like this. Will removing said settings help at all? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi R24JPL

It's hard to know if that will help as the answer depends on the cause of the issue, which is still unclear at this stage unfortunately. 

Give those settings a go and see how you get on, we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Craig

0 Kudos
R24JPL
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi craig, removing these settings has done the trick. It seems that when i had the old box connected i had set it up so my xbox turned on my television and set top box on just by powering my xbox on, removed now and back in working order. Thank you for the help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news R24JPL

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos