Menu
Highlighted
Tandy69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Xbox One X Disconnects Randomly From Live

Had an Xbox One for ages , but ever since getting an Xbox One X it has random spates of disconnecting. To fix it you have to power it down, and in some cases turn off the router and back on. Infact, the resolution varies and the disconnect is so random that It still does it even though....

1. I replaced all cabling, adapters, connect via powerline 

2. Upgraded my package and got the new router from Virgin 

3. Sent my Xbox One X back, they found nothing wrong

4. Swapped Xbox One X’s with a friend , same issue

5. Dragged a long cable to the router so there is nothing else interfering

The simple answer is there is something on my line, or the configuration of Virgin routers that upon some activity cycle disconnects the Xbox One X. Shoukd I just swap providers as mine played for 2 weeks with my friend and he had no disconnects, I’ve had 3 today alone...and thats a good day!

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox One X Disconnects Randomly From Live

Hi Tandy69

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your Xbox connection.

I've had a look into this and it appears there are some issues with SNR which can cause intermittent connection. The fault reference for this is F006718896. It's estimated that the fault should be resolved by 26/11/18. If you are still experiencing any issues after this time please let us know and we can look into it for you.
Kind regards,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tandy69
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The problem still exists unfortunately...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tandy69, 

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry you're still having problems. The area fault seems to have cleared up but your power levels are not looking good. Let's arrange for an engineer to visit to get this resolved, we can do this via online chat. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tandy69
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Issue was ok for a few weeks and has now come back. Can you let me know how I can arrange an engineer ?

thanks

Tandy69
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I reported this to Virgin but they simply said “All is fine” and kindly referred me to the gadget help people who want me to pay £60 for a fix! I am seriously thinking of moving to BT if this persists.

This is pathetic.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tandy69,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tandy69
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Tried all this and even subscribed to a more expensive contract as I thought it was the router. 

Spoke to Virgin who told me the same...its all fine from our side, which is pretty useless as the problem is completely random...some days its fine and others it can disconnect a dozen times. 

I was then told the only option is to subscribe to Gadget Rescue  ( everything has been fine for years) and the person implemented port forwarding which hasn’t made much difference other than limiting the amount of times I have to power cycle. After chasing this to complain Virgin cancelled my subscription to it and advised I see how it goes and then they will look to see if an engineer visit will help. Quite happy but unsure why the problem has started as wverything has been swapped out...

thanks

0 Kudos
plums1234
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, my XB1X randomly disconnects from Xbox Live.

My setup is Hub3 in modem mode, ubiquiti router and Asus AC68u's as WAP's, everything that can be wired is wired using CAT6A cabling, that includes my xbox, I feel your pain.

I'm thinking is the only way to sort it is to move to a BTO service as its the usual for VM to fob you off and give you a review date randomly in the future which nothing ever gets done about or stall you by sending someone out with another hub....I have a think broadband quality monitor running and it doesn't show any issues when the disconnects happen and all other devices stay connected to the internet.

Good luck and I hope you get it resolved, I've gave up and will move providers once my contract is up, if not before.

0 Kudos
Tandy69
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Plums,

When contacting support two things stand out - 1) Its intermittent so when they check everything is fine . When I check the router it has various timeouts T3 usually and other errors which were never there a few months ago 2) They say its an unsupported device and want £60 to do a one off fix - For a device that was working fine before !

I found putting it in the DMZ helped and Port Forwarding they attempted made recovery easier but still fails twice a day on a good day. I may move providers too as I have never had problems like this and the randomness reassures me its the noise on my line.

0 Kudos