Menu
jackarksey
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live Ping Spikes for 3 weeks

I have had ping spikes on my Xbox for over 3 weeks now. I have called up Virgin Media around 10 times since then on separate days to have this solved. 

I recently spoke to someone and he changed the channel that my network was on (something like that) and rebooted the router completely from his end. He assured me that I would no longer have any problems, however, this didn't fix my problem. I am fed up with calling up to get this problem resolved so I thought I'd try this forum as a last resort before I cancel my monthly rolling contract.

What can be done to fix this? I have tried using a different Xbox on my broadband and have had the same problem, I've tried port forwarding and most importantly I've tried contacting Virgin numerous times. 

I'm about a day away from moving to a more reliable ISP. Any assistance is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Live Ping Spikes for 3 weeks

Hi jackarksey

Welcome to the community. I've run some checks on your hub and everything looks great. Is there any improvement with your Xbox connection if you connect it with an Ethernet cable? 

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos