Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Xbox 1 slight lag include BQM

Multiplayer xbox 1 games generally seem to include some lag...and have for quite some time.

I had a quick look at the downstream power levels last night and they were around the -5 level

And this is the BQM for the last day.  Is that amount of maximum latency normal?

Thanks

d562bbf83fa9d1b40083e8737de566ffbb9c3214-06-02-2018

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox 1 slight lag include BQM

Downstream power of -5 dBmV is very low, -6 being the acceptable minimum, so there may be an issue there.  Can you post all of the Upstream and Downstream data please.

As for the BQM that max latency is very bad.  Here is my latest BQM.  Interesting that we both experienced that blip in Min latency between around midnight and 4 am.  Wonder what that was all about?

BQM 060218.jpg

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking a look.

vm power1.png

vm power2.png

vm power3.png

vm power4.png

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

OK, well at least 2 of your downstream channels are below the minimum -6 dBmV and a few more are very close to going out of range.

Did the installer leave an attenuator in line between the VM cable and the back of the modem?  If so try removing it to boost your power levels.  If not, then you will need an engineer visit because the next remedy is to put your cable onto a higher power tapping point in the street cabinet.

Electron
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks....so I rang Virgin broadband and related the issues.

They said they had sorted the low power while I waited and it was all fine...except of course when I check they are the same levels as before (can't see an attenuator anywhere to remove.)

Apparently there is a problem with high utilisation in my area...which of course is hard to believe given the BQM graph is fairly consistent regardless of time of day 

I asked for an older type Hub but was denied.

Anyway they said it will all be fixed by the 23 Feb....well I hope so, I could really do without the aggro of choosing a different BB (and probs TV) supplier.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

0 Kudos
GMAN73
Superfast
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

High utilisation is normal for VMs network.  If there is no Hub solution by Nov Im leaving.  My BB for gaming is getting worse.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I think the BB "help" line call centre just read off a script and have even less of an idea than I do.

I rang and talked to the UK call centre to confirm that I am out of contract, so that is one thing less to worry about.

It is quite annoying to only recently find out that the sparkly new Hub 3 I received turns out to be a bit of lemon....now when folk ask on the forums I follow, which TV/BB provider to choose, my answer will have to change to..." Virgin, unless you like gaming, in which case go with someone else."

"All you have in business is your reputation - so it's very important that you keep your word."  Richard Branson

0 Kudos
cje85
Super solver
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:

They said they had sorted the low power while I waited and it was all fine...except of course when I check they are the same levels as before (can't see an attenuator anywhere to remove.)

Apparently there is a problem with high utilisation in my area...which of course is hard to believe given the BQM graph is fairly consistent regardless of time of day 

Anyway they said it will all be fixed by the 23 Feb....well I hope so, I could really do without the aggro of choosing a different BB (and probs TV) supplier.

They can't change power levels over the phone, an engineer has to visit as it involves some work at the street cabinet. VM customer service on the phone is awful, but hopefully a member of the forum team will respond within a few days and arrange an engineer for you. The offshore call centre usually just change your WiFi channel (often making things worse, as they have no idea what channels are clearest in your home) and then say everything will be fine.

The graph looks normal for the Hub 3 with no sign of over utilisation.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@wrote:

High utilisation there may be, but it has nothing to do with incorrect power levels.  You have the received the usual fob off from the incompetent call centres.

Press for an engineer visit.

Electron
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

wrote:

High utilisation there may be, but it has nothing to do with incorrect power levels.  You have the received the usual fob off from the incompetent call centres.

Press for an engineer visit. 

Hopefully someone from the forum will be in touch soon and I can get an engineer appointment to at least sort out the power levels.

I rang 150 again yesterday and got passed around departments like a hot potato as usual.

I also emailed the CEO just to see if that might help.

But I 've been with these guys for a long time...so I already have a low confidence in their desire to fix problems.  

0 Kudos