cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Tanks packet loss

Synergy61
Joining in

Hello 

Some info - Running the superhub3, 350mb-35mb package. I've been having packet loss in most games ever since moving to the superhub3, I never had any issues with the Superhub2 so my upgrade was more like a downgrade when it comes to games.

My Superhub is in modem mode running the Asus GT-AC2900 Gaming router to direct traffic. I've also tested this just running modem mode straight to the pc just in case it was the router. 

World of Tanks has a packet loss icon in the corner which flashes red showing I've got a problem with the connection. So I downloaded their tool for checking my connection and I'll upload the images. This is EU Server 1 and 2

server1.PNGserver2.PNG

Things I've tried so far, Fresh install of windows, updated all drivers, bought new ethernet cables, bought new router, changed the internal ethernet cable to the Philips RG6 Quad Shield Coaxial Cable. Made sure no electrical equipment is blocking or interfering with my signal. Changed ethernet cards to an intel i225-v, Removed all other connections on the network. 

Todays Think broadband

8126828d13f14f16e4e83c3545e985c32b51922b-30-05-2022.png

Modem info

downstreamchannel.PNGupstream.PNG

Network log - not sure what these means but they keep getting spammed.

critical No Ranging Response received

Error DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option

Warning! Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC

critical  SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC

So I'm really just looking for some advice or help. At my wits end and have these issues in Apex Legends, Warzone. 

Does anyone see any issues with my settings?

29 REPLIES 29

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Might be a routing issue hops are not important (in that the testing traffic goes through to where you want) we can see the end IP getting all the pings fine which is the most important bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I understand that. I've tested this with other software as well. I just don't understand why there is packet loss on the route.

I watch other people playing this game with a solid green connection light which is the way it should be. I never had any of these problems

with the superhub2 this is why I'm so confused. 

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hub stats look okay to me. I've seen worse BQMs but the minimum latency is a little high at 21-22. It does not show any clear packet loss although I accept your other tools suggest otherwise. 

Yeah, I've done some research about the stats and agree they look to be fine. I just don't get it tbh, Just not sure what's going on. Still awaiting word of the Superhub 5 Which hopefully doesn't have the puma chipset.

Apex legends server list

pl.PNG

World of tanks 

wotpl.PNG

Should be green but constantly flashing red.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hub 5 doesn't have Puma but whether it would improve latency is another question. 

Fingers crossed tbh, don't want to move but if something better comes along then I'd leave in a heartbeat. Just frustration having an amazon connection for years and bang after upgrading it's all down the tubes. Can't even downgrade to the superhub2 so leaves me stuck.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The packet loss seems to occur after the traceroute leaves the VM network?

As a test, can you put the Hub in modem mode and connect just your PC with a wired connection.  This will give you a new WAN IP address, and it may route out a different way.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Images - modem mode straight to the main pc. Rebooted modem also.

1.PNG2.PNG

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hmm, looks to have changed the first VM server, but once it leaves VM, it routes the same with the same losses.  No idea where you should go from here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks