cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WoW Disconnects (Error Code WOW51900319 )

Hughsy
Joining in

Hi,

Could I please get some assitance regarding the subject error code that I'm facing whilst playing World of Warcraft. On their website it shows as:

--

This error message occurs when your game loses its connection with the World of Warcraft servers.

--

I only lose connection to the WoW server and nothing else. It appears to be a regular thing and I've seen it mentioned numerous times on this forum.

Can you advise what you require from me to rectify this soonest. I get disconnected constantly throughout the day playing and it is getting rather frustrating.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hughsy,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

Sorry to hear you are having disconnections when playing this game. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

Just confirm, are you playing on a wired or wireless connection? How long has this been ongoing? Are any other services affected similarly? Have you also checked here for a local area fault? virg.in/service

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Akua_A

This is via a wired connection and since returning to WoW over the last 2-3 years. This game is the only one that suffers this error, which seems to be known worldwide if you google the error code above.

Checking the service status of my area code, it advised:

--

We can’t see any issues affecting SS8 9LR

--

Hi @Hughsy,

I've checked over things on our systems and I'm unable to see any faults on the line currently to explain the issues that you appear to be experiencing.

To clarify, are you experiencing connection issues with any other games and/or any other devices at all? Can you also confirm what troubleshooting and diagnostics you've done thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

I've done everything advised by Blizzard below for the game and to no affect.. It still happens regularly.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/112213#:~:text=Reset%20your%20network%20devices%20to,to%20r....

No other applications are affected at the time of disconnect and I just eventually re-connect after the timeout. I never suffer regular disconnects anywhere else, it is only on WoW.

When tethering 5G through my mobile phone, the problem goes away entirely but I don't wish to do that as a permenant fix.

What other tests can I do?

Thanks,

Lewis

Hi there @Hughsy, thank you for your reply.

Just to confirm since seeing this issue occur via the hub connection have you been able to perform a pin hole reset on the hub to see if this helps?

Also, I know it's basic checks however, can you please ensure all wired are connected to the hub securely.

If both of these do not help with the issue, please let us know so we can check this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi @Nathan_B

Yes, all the basic troubleshooting bits have been done. Multiple resets on the hub and pinhole resets, but to no success. I must say it is a very old hub.. had it for ages now.

Any other ideas? 

Thanks,

Lewis

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you know the IP address of the endpoint WoW Server you are using, can you do a trace route and post the results here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Hughsy,

Thank you for your response. Sorry to hear that the troubleshooting and Hub resets have not worked. 

Are you able to run a trace route as @Adduxi suggested? 

Unfortunately, if this issue is only present while playing this game and it is a known issue with Blizzard, it does seem that the problem is with the server itself, not with the connection.

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further additional assistance. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs