Menu
ZiltoidRacer
Dialled in
Message 251 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

jOANNE01253 wrote:

I should of mentioned before my original reasons for using DMZ..

We run 2 Xbox Ones, Only one can use port forwarding and so the other uses the DMZ and your probably aware you can only assign ports to one address.

xbox now allows you to change the port that xbox one listens on (3074) so you can now port forward to both by changing the listening port on one xbox. you can find this in settings / network settings / advanced settings / alternate port settings.

0 Kudos
Wazzenuff
Joining in
Message 252 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why do i keep disconnecting from Xbox Live on my Xbox One when playing online?

The problem is that you need multiple ports open (generally speaking) for decent online gaming.

W
0 Kudos
Dinyl1991
Joining in
Message 253 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hi, been reading through all of the pages surrounding this issue some dating back to early 2015... I live with my parents (don't judge) who aren't as tech savvy as me and their service has been loyal and we've never encountered this problem before, up until last week consistently anyway. I've spent at least 7-8 hours trying every possible out from both the xbox troubleshoot website to going into the router settings and setting DMZ on and off and resetting the Upnp, each time resetting both my xbox and the router to apply changes. I am yet to try a wired connection but I fear this will have no impact on the overall uptime during gaming because of others and their experiences. Every service works aside from gaming and I have reasoned that there are four possible fixes that could be placed on your shoulders as our ISP, these are as follows...

1. Faulty Router - requires engineer.

2. SHac3 Router installation - requires engineer.

3. IPv6 capability - Your services updated.

4. Change providers completely - your services are now obsolete.

I would appreciate moderators and users to reply with their take on fixes as we are still open for suggestion right now but other ISP's are looking very tempting as they support IPv6.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
WalkerBoh
Joining in
Message 254 of 275
Flag for a moderator

I have a Superhub 3 and 2 XBox Ones with no issues (Upnp not even on) I manually port forward to the selected Port on the XBox see the post a couple of items above

Once set you can forward to by following

Port Fowarding

Once set you should get a NAT open when you test

Not all games should even need this but might be worth setting

IPv6 used for voice communication on an IPv4 only network with Xbox it will automatically create a Teredo tunnel when needed no special configuration needed

If you need a SH3 it doesn't require an Engineer you can do a self install which is very easy Virgin and improved this over the years no need to even talk to anyone unless you want. If you want the comfort blanket of an Engineer then they are there

Hopefully might help failing which perhaps you connection is a bit flacky either inside or out

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 255 of 275
Flag for a moderator

The main reason is Virginmedia does not support IPv6 yet, it is an area that they lack well behind compared to other ISP's in the UK.
Sad to say, but Sky has most of their customers on IPv6 and they are at No.1
Then at No.2 is BT, but they have more than Virginmedia which at this rate will always be possible.
Virginmedia well they have no IPv6 in existence, as of yet.

The only reason Virginmedia wins awards for year after year is their speed which cannot be compared really to any other ISP.

With VIVID 350 I get around a 380Mbps download burst speed.

But to get the best out of the connection I have set up 8 consecutive connections which gives me about 45-50Mb per second downloading a file, which is very fast. I do not use Virginmedia's DNS servers, I changed them to CloudFlare and APNIC's 1.1.1.1 service. It is fast, secure and better.

We run 18 devices on our connection, and these comprise of a High-Spec Gaming PC, XBOX ONE X, PS4, 4 x Amazon FireTV, mobiles, tablets, and a few Alexa (2nd Gen). We also have the V6 TV Box plugged into the Hub 3.0.
For optimum results, we use Cat7 networking cables and an additional switch 8-port.

This PC is run through the Network switch, and so is our V6 Box and one WiFi PowerLine Network Booster. Which gives you some idea of how our network is set up. The XBOX ONE X is plugged directly into the Hub 3.0 via Ethernet, not via Wi-Fi because the drop in signal causes speed loss amongst other problems. But it never drops the connection at all, and it always has an "OPEN NAT".

We have another XBOX ONE S but it is hardly ever used, that one is also on WiFi with an "OPEN NAT" (never used it on XBOX Live though). Both XBOX'es are HOME swapped, so all games on the XBOX ONE X are also available on the XBOX ONE S, which is excess of 300+ games, from many years. Both XBOX'es have additional 4Tb drives attached as well. Mostly, to keep the most played games downloaded always playable.

0 Kudos
Thejoker1
Tuning in
Message 256 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone still getting the disconnected when they try playing online? Cause it has started happening to me, I have a sh3, my Xbox one X is connected wirelessly, but my other devices don't disconnect when online, only started happening recently. Is frustrating when you're trying to play any game online with your friends but you keep getting disconnected

Techmo
On our wavelength
Message 257 of 275
Flag for a moderator

@Thejoker1 wrote:

Is anyone still getting the disconnected when they try playing online? Cause it has started happening to me, I have a sh3, my Xbox one X is connected wirelessly, but my other devices don't disconnect when online, only started happening recently. Is frustrating when you're trying to play any game online with your friends but you keep getting disconnected

Just as you, I have a Xbox one X connected through wireless. And I'm constantly having to reconnect to Xbox live.

Usually happens more often when trying to play with friends. It will boot me off The service, then I'll be able to reconnect.

I can't hardware it due to the location. Though I will say no other device disconnects or has issues with Wi-Fi, including my PS4. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 258 of 275
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thejoker1, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and your modem SNR is a touch on the low side. 

I would like to get an engineer out to take a look at this for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Northy1794
Joining in
Message 259 of 275
Flag for a moderator

When I play online I get kicked out of about 90% of the games, I just brought a WiFi range extender for £85 and it did not help at all, this has been happening for about 2-3 weeks now. Even loading emails on my phone takes longer I’m better off connected to 4G on EE when I’m home. Please can you tell me how I can get this sorted so when I play online it actually works. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Connect123
Dialled in
Message 260 of 275
Flag for a moderator

In the nicest possible way I am shocked at how many people use wi-fi for their online gaming and then get genuinely surprised at any problems that occur. I don't care wether your WiFi connection is dual, Tri, quad, hexa band or whatever fancy antennas you have on your router, wireless will NEVER be as good or relaible as a wired connection , if you want to game online at worst you want to be using a Powerline adaptor but for sensitive applications such as that, wireless doesn't suffice , if you just download files and games etc then obviously that's fine otherwise an cable is the way to go