cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warzone lag

rony66
Joining in

I'm having serious problems with my internet while trying to play online games (Call of Duty). My in game ping constantly fluctuates from around 50ms to 400ms therefore cause me to lag. 

I have the Hub 4 and im using a wired connection. 
engineer has done a line test and provided a new router and does not know what to do now (new router installed yesterday)

When conducting a speed test my jitter can be anywhere upwards of 15ms which i understand is probably the main reason behind my game lagging. 

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what i could do to get this problem fixed as it has been happening for probably 2 years now. 

i pay for 300mbps and when doing a speed test it reaches that but the game lags every day

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @darmo,

Thank you for your Private Message confirming that you're happy with the set time and date for your appointment. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if there's anything else we can do to help after your appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, but just to be clear if engineer marks it down as no faults and says everything is fine, then i won't be paying no £25 as i am only booking this engineer based on the fact that my line isn't fine and router logs and your checks show there is abnormal power levels on my line, which you have alerted me to (which btw i can't possibly see how this could be my fault, as i have zero influence on the power of the line). If engineer says everything is fine and contradicts the support team here, then i assume you have grossly misinterpreted my network logs via human error on your part to think there is an issue when their isn't, or worse, possibly deceiving me. If you do attempt to charge £25 in either case, you'll be in a for a surprise to find yourself trying bill a bank account with £0 in it, your equipment on my doorstep for you to collect at your convince, whilst in the meantime i'd have already established and installed a BT FTTP contract.

Hi Paulina, can you tell me what specifically you see is wrong with my power levels? and what the normal range should be? thanks.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @darmo,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. In regards to your power levels, I can see that your downstream power levels are out of spec. Meaning that they are either too high, or too low for what we would expect to see. This means that you're not receiving the correct connection and that your services may be impacted.

Our engineer will be able to look into this further for you and provide a more thorough explanation on how the power levels are impacting your service. Please keep us updated on how you get on at your appointment and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok so which one is it, are mine too high or too low? and what is the normal range ?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

How did the visit from the engineer go? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Went well, he said power level range is between -5 and +10 but the goldilocks range is in the middle around +3 to +5. He recognised mine are very high, almost near the 10 mark, he said it was due to me being so close to the cabinet, and outside temperature changes as seasonal variations in dbmv is normal. He went to the cabinet to change some things, and also attached an attenuator to the line coming in. tan some tests for packet loss. Now my power levels are all in the normal range.

Iv'e not really noticed too much of a difference in warzone though, it must just be a docsis or game issue i guess. Will be great for Virgin to roll out 3.1 downstream and upstream fully and disable the 3.0 standard that might help. 

Thanks for coming back to us @darmo.

I'm glad that your power levels are now in range but not so happy about the issues with in Warzone.

Does this happen during any other games or is it just Warzone?

Regards,

Steven_L

Happens in some others too, it's literally like opponents have a 1-2 second advantage of seeing you first, even if you aim and shoot first not all bullets register even though you know you are definitely on them, its just frustrating, the games feel very inconsistent. It's definitely the VM network as i take my same pc to another house with DSL and its much better. Is there anyway i can get out of my VM contract? The internet part at least, i don't mind keeping the TV, but i want to switch my internet to BT FTTP.

64748C0C-DAB5-4397-A165-A1D38DF775D6.jpegso I guess I’m just supposed to game between 4-8am??
Or I can just switch to BT FTTP and have 3-5ms all the time, consistently.