cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very high latency, packet loss, and ping spikes throughout the day

AlfieJPalmer
On our wavelength

Hi Virgin Media,

Over the past couple of months I've been experiencing extremely high latency, packet loss, and ping spikes throughout the day. The download/upload speed seems to be fine, but the ping makes online gaming near impossible. I've tried resetting my router and modem, as well as changing router but no luck.

Here are some screenshots from thinkbroadband over the past week:

Saturday 07/02/2020Saturday 07/02/2020Sunday 08/02/2020Sunday 08/02/2020Monday 09/02/2020Monday 09/02/2020Tuesday 10/02/2020Tuesday 10/02/2020Wednesday 11/02/2020Wednesday 11/02/2020Thursday 12/02/2020Thursday 12/02/2020Friday 13/02/2020Friday 13/02/2020Sunday 14/02/2020Sunday 14/02/2020

Please could you advise on the matter?

Thank you in advance, I look forward to hearing from you.

Alfie J.

119 REPLIES 119

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

Go to 192.168.0.1 in your browser, or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode

Do NOT LOG IN

hub31.jpg

Post your upstream, downstream and network metrics from your HUB.

shub32.png

Screen captures are nice, C&P will do though.

Someone will get a look for you.

Hi, thank you for getting back to me (also, those results I posted are from March, not February, sorry).

I've attached below:

Network LogNetwork LogUpstreamUpstreamDownstreamDownstream

And here is a thinkbroadband graph from today:

Sunday 15032020.PNG

Hi AlfieJPalmer,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that your having issues with our broadband services. There is nothing more frustrating when you're having latency issues affecting your gaming ability.

Has anything changed since your last post with your logs?

Please let us know so we can help you further.

Kind regards Jodi.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

Going by that your downstream power levels are too high. If they dont come down you'll need an engineer out.

Hi Jodi,

If anything, they've got worse. The screenshots I've posted are all from the previous week (I incorrectly captioned them as February - they are all from March).

Thank you for getting back to me.

Kind Regards,

Alfie J.

Thanks for coming back to me AlfieJPalmer,

We would like to take a look a look in to this further for you, so we can find out what is causing the issues.

So I can access your account I will pop you over a private message, click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for getting back to me - I appreciate you booking a technician to take a look into this matter for me.

Kind Regards,

Alfie J.

You are more than welcome Alfie,

Please keep us posted with the outcome and we hope that everything gets resolved for you.

If your need any further assistance please come straight back to us. 

Have a lovely evening.

Kind regards Jodi